Not getting TestServlet to see the beans - IntialContext lookup
I've followed the simple instructions for building OpenEJB using the war file in Tomcat 6.0.
It seems I've got something fundamentally wrong, as I've spent days trying to figure out the problem and feel like I've tried every possible to rid my server of errors.
I have a servlet called TestServlet
I've got the web.xml as follows:
<ejb-ref> <description>EJB Reference to the bean deployed to OpenEJB</description>
I have imported a jar to my TestServlet, swEJB.jar with the "view" ejb-ref.
>> jar tvf swEJB.jar
I was trying to use the COLLAPSED EAR method. (http://openejb.apache.org/collapsed-ear.html) so I put all the bean classes in my swEJB.jar. I really don't understand what I can do about the openejb-itests-standalone-client-3.1.2.jar since it was included in OpenEJB.war. It seems to be a problem. I've tried deleting it and then I've broken the OpenEJB app. Any suggestions for resolving any of these issues?
Am I completely off base? Missing the whole boat? So frustrated.
> I've followed the simple instructions for building OpenEJB using the war
> file in Tomcat 6.0.
I've been trying to reproduce the issue you're having and frankly am
myself stuck with it as well :) It's been a while since I've been
trying openejb and tomcat together and would love some help before
lending my hand to you.
What was the document you followed? Would you be able to attach a
complete WAR w/ the sources?
Re: Not getting TestServlet to see the beans - IntialContext lookup
Thanks so much for your effort to try and duplicate the problem.
I am new to EJB and OpenEJB and it will be so cool to get it running! I will email the code to you directly.
I didn't follow any specific documentation accept for the four steps (http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/tomcat.html) "Installation for the Impatient". I did watch the video on how to build one of the examples. And read numerous pages on the the OpenEJB web site to get this far. Then I tried to integrate my existing client test case (not using Junit) with OpenEJB.
The biggest issue I'm facing is that the InitialContext() lookup returns no errors, however, it returns NULL. It seems that I'm find the context, but it's not defined correctly