Next release 7.1?

Re: Next release 7.1?

agumbrecht
I get the 7.1 idea, but think we should just continue down the milestone
path until we have a release. 7.0.0-Mx. Anything else would suggest this is
a release, and it's not.

http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Next release 7.1?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO

> Anything else would suggest this is a release, and it's not.

Can you explain a bit more this please?
What do you mean "it's not"?

The build is currently green and stable.
Users feedback is good.
We do follow Apache rules in terms of quality, licensing and any other
legal.
We don't have any snapshot dependency as far as I know.

I have the feeling this statement is related to the TCK note I added,
that's why I am asking.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > > To my impression there are customers out there with an eye on TomEE to
> > get
> > > the JEE 7 certification.
> > > And with the current version scheme they expect the TomEE 7.0 to be
> JEE 7
> > > conform, so in
> > > my believe they'd be surprised to see an TomEE 7.1 version before 7.0
> is
> > > JEE 7.
> > > They'd expect it to be JEE 7 conforming before bumping up the minor
> > version
> > > number.
> > >
> > > Technically I think I understand the issue and I could explain, if I
> can
> > > get into discussion with the customer.
> > > The problem are the customers that you can't discuss with, that are
> > scared
> > > of before you get a chance to talk to them.

Re: Next release 7.1?

Jonathan Gallimore-4
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> My 2 cts
>
> We have 3 milestones of the TomEE 7.0.0. People already using it are
> expecting a final version, and I agree with that.

+1

My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will look
for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.

> Tomcat 8.5 already integrated to master brings an important feature HTTP/2
> we want to have and offer to our users. Tomcat 8.5 is fully backward
> compatible with Tomcat 8.x ( x < 5).

+1

> So I don't see any issue in having TomEE 7.0.0 final released on the master
> and already integrating Tomcat 8.5.

+ 1

> I understand Romain's point to reflect Tomcat jump in terms of version, but
> having a TomEE 7.1.0 would appear weird if we don't have a TomEE 7.0.0.
>
> If we really want to follow Romain's point and reflect the Tomcat
> versioning jump, I'd go with first a 7.0.0 based on the M3 with a couple of
> bugfixes but with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) and also a TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x
> (x >= 5).
>
> So my view is
>
> Option 1/
> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

I don't have any objection to that.

> *or*
>
> Option 2/
> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) without HTTP/2
> +
> TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
(webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in the
box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
seems confusing to me.

If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.

Jonathan Gallimore
http://twitter.com/jongallimore

Re: Next release 7.1?

agumbrecht
I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx path.
7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?

[hidden email]> wrote:

> My 2 cts
>
> We have 3 milestones of the TomEE 7.0.0. People already using it are
> expecting a final version, and I agree with that.

+1

My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will look
for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.

> Tomcat 8.5 already integrated to master brings an important feature HTTP/2
> we want to have and offer to our users. Tomcat 8.5 is fully backward
> compatible with Tomcat 8.x ( x < 5).

+1

> So I don't see any issue in having TomEE 7.0.0 final released on the
master
> and already integrating Tomcat 8.5.

+ 1

> I understand Romain's point to reflect Tomcat jump in terms of version,
but
> having a TomEE 7.1.0 would appear weird if we don't have a TomEE 7.0.0.
>
> If we really want to follow Romain's point and reflect the Tomcat
> versioning jump, I'd go with first a 7.0.0 based on the M3 with a couple
of
> bugfixes but with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) and also a TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat
8.x
> (x >= 5).
>
> So my view is
>
> Option 1/
> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

I don't have any objection to that.

> *or*
>
> Option 2/
> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) without HTTP/2
> +
> TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
(webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in the
box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
seems confusing to me.

If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.

Jonathan Gallimore
http://twitter.com/jongallimore
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Next release 7.1?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO

> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?

+1

On the milestone one, I feel good in doing the 7.0.0 final.
No more milestones.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx path.
> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
>
> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> On 25 Apr 2016 13:47, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > My 2 cts
> >
> > We have 3 milestones of the TomEE 7.0.0. People already using it are
> > expecting a final version, and I agree with that.
> >

> +1
>
> My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will look
> for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.
>

> > Tomcat 8.5 already integrated to master brings an important feature
> HTTP/2
> > we want to have and offer to our users. Tomcat 8.5 is fully backward
> > compatible with Tomcat 8.x ( x < 5).
> >

> +1
>

> > So I don't see any issue in having TomEE 7.0.0 final released on the
> master
> > and already integrating Tomcat 8.5.
> >

> + 1
>

> > I understand Romain's point to reflect Tomcat jump in terms of version,
> but
> > having a TomEE 7.1.0 would appear weird if we don't have a TomEE 7.0.0.
> >
> > If we really want to follow Romain's point and reflect the Tomcat
> > versioning jump, I'd go with first a 7.0.0 based on the M3 with a couple
> of
> > bugfixes but with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) and also a TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat
> 8.x
> > (x >= 5).
> >
> > So my view is
> >
> > Option 1/
> > TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
> >

> I don't have any objection to that.
>

> > *or*
> >
> > Option 2/
> > TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) without HTTP/2
> > +
> > TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
> >

> I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
> (webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in the
> box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
> seems confusing to me.
>
> If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
> releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
> 7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.

> Jonathan Gallimore
> http://twitter.com/jongallimore

Re: Next release 7.1?

well we never said we'll align JavaEE 7 with TomEE 7 - made it clear in
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Versioning-help-td4677842.html at
least and probably another thread - so it is milestone until we judged we
want a final.

> I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx path.
> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
>
> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> On 25 Apr 2016 13:47, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > My 2 cts
> >
> > We have 3 milestones of the TomEE 7.0.0. People already using it are
> > expecting a final version, and I agree with that.
> >

> +1
>
> My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will look
> for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.
>

> > Tomcat 8.5 already integrated to master brings an important feature
> HTTP/2
> > we want to have and offer to our users. Tomcat 8.5 is fully backward
> > compatible with Tomcat 8.x ( x < 5).
> >

> +1
>

> > So I don't see any issue in having TomEE 7.0.0 final released on the
> master
> > and already integrating Tomcat 8.5.
> >

> + 1
>

> > I understand Romain's point to reflect Tomcat jump in terms of version,
> but
> > having a TomEE 7.1.0 would appear weird if we don't have a TomEE 7.0.0.
> >
> > If we really want to follow Romain's point and reflect the Tomcat
> > versioning jump, I'd go with first a 7.0.0 based on the M3 with a couple
> of
> > bugfixes but with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) and also a TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat
> 8.x
> > (x >= 5).
> >
> > So my view is
> >
> > Option 1/
> > TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
> >

> I don't have any objection to that.
>

> > *or*
> >
> > Option 2/
> > TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) without HTTP/2
> > +
> > TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
> >

> I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
> (webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in the
> box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
> seems confusing to me.
>
> If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
> releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
> 7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.

> Jonathan Gallimore
> http://twitter.com/jongallimore

Re: Next release 7.1?

agumbrecht
+1 for 7.0.0, with a proper write up of what to expect from it.

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Next release 7.1?

Gurkan Erdogdu-4
> I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx path.
> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
+1

Best
Gurkan

> On 25 Apr 2016, at 15:22, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx path.
> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
>
> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> On 25 Apr 2016 13:47, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> My 2 cts
>>
>> We have 3 milestones of the TomEE 7.0.0. People already using it are
>> expecting a final version, and I agree with that.
>>

> +1
>
> My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will look
> for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.
>

>> Tomcat 8.5 already integrated to master brings an important feature HTTP/2
>> we want to have and offer to our users. Tomcat 8.5 is fully backward
>> compatible with Tomcat 8.x ( x < 5).
>>

> +1
>

>> So I don't see any issue in having TomEE 7.0.0 final released on the
> master
>> and already integrating Tomcat 8.5.
>>

> + 1
>

>> I understand Romain's point to reflect Tomcat jump in terms of version,
> but
>> having a TomEE 7.1.0 would appear weird if we don't have a TomEE 7.0.0.
>>
>> If we really want to follow Romain's point and reflect the Tomcat
>> versioning jump, I'd go with first a 7.0.0 based on the M3 with a couple
> of
>> bugfixes but with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) and also a TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat
> 8.x
>> (x >= 5).
>>
>> So my view is
>>
>> Option 1/
>> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
>>

> I don't have any objection to that.
>

>> *or*
>>
>> Option 2/
>> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x < 5) without HTTP/2
>> +
>> TomEE 7.1.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2
>>

> I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
> (webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in the
> box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
> seems confusing to me.
>
> If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
> releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
> 7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.

> Jonathan Gallimore
> http://twitter.com/jongallimore

Re: Next release 7.1?

+1 as well for that

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 for 7.0.0, with a proper write up of what to expect from it.
>
> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> On 25 Apr 2016 14:24, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > well we never said we'll align JavaEE 7 with TomEE 7 - made it clear in
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Versioning-help-td4677842.html
> > at
> > least and probably another thread - so it is milestone until we judged we
> > want a final.

> > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Tomitriber
> > <http://www.tomitribe.com> | JavaEE Factory

> > > I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx
> > path.
> > > 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
> > >
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> > > On 25 Apr 2016 13:47, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
> > > wrote:

> > > +1
> > >
> > > My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will
> > look
> > > for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.

> > > HTTP/2
> > > >

> > > +1

> > > master
> > > >

> > > + 1

> version,
> > > but
> 7.0.0.

> > couple
> > > of
> Tomcat
> > > 8.x

> > > I don't have any objection to that.

> > > I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
> > > (webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in
> > the
> > > box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version
> number
> > > seems confusing to me.
> > >
> > > If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
> > > releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for
> TomEE
> > > 7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jonathan Gallimore
> > > http://twitter.com/jongallimore
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: Next release 7.1?

Bjorn Danielsson
My comments as a user: Option 1 works for me, and beyond that
I think the most important thing about versioning is to make
it easy to find out what TomEE version supports which standard
and depends on whatever dependencies.

And I don't believe anyone who is serious about JEE compliance
will be confused by version numbers. Everyone in that position
needs to do due diligence anyway, and check what's behind those
version numbers.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My 2 cts
> Option 1/
> TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

Re: Next release 7.1?

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Thanks for the feedback

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Bjorn Danielsson <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> My comments as a user: Option 1 works for me, and beyond that
> I think the most important thing about versioning is to make
> it easy to find out what TomEE version supports which standard
> and depends on whatever dependencies.
>
> And I don't believe anyone who is serious about JEE compliance
> will be confused by version numbers. Everyone in that position
> needs to do due diligence anyway, and check what's behind those
> version numbers.
>
> --
> Bjorn Danielsson
> Cuspy Code AB
>

> Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > My 2 cts
> > Option 1/
> > TomEE 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.x (x >= 5) with HTTP/2

Re: Next release 7.1?

Regarding documentation, I’d add further that I’d want to see these write-ups in-hand before we start rolling votes.  Some items to add to the list:

 - What is the current status of the various distributions in terms of compliance
 - Tested step-by-step instructions specifically for 7 on how to wire in Hibernate
 - People will want to know our plans for eventually becoming certified.  We will need to have a project-agreed statement issued with the release.

I think we need to put some polish on our state and be as professional as possible in efforts to curve confusion or blowback from having a TomEE 7 release that is not EE 7 certified and in some cases not EE 7 compliant.

Users get quite angry when they feel they had to discover something for themselves and weren’t told outright.  When they ask on the mailing list and get essentially an “of course that doesn’t work” as an answer, it’s no good; one part insulting and two parts infuriating :)

Some extra effort here will go a long way.

Regarding Tomcat 8.0 -> 8.5 upgrade concerns:

 - I think the original concern of potential issues is valid to the extent it might be in our best interest to push out an M4 immediately with Tomcat 8.5.  We could have that out there while we prepare for a GA.  GA is less technical and more about communication.  We haven’t started the communication efforts.  We could let users try out Tomcat 8.5 in that time.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

> On Apr 25, 2016, at 5:27 AM, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 for 7.0.0, with a proper write up of what to expect from it.
>
> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
> On 25 Apr 2016 14:24, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> well we never said we'll align JavaEE 7 with TomEE 7 - made it clear in
>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Versioning-help-td4677842.html
>> at
>> least and probably another thread - so it is milestone until we judged we
>> want a final.
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Tomitriber
>> <http://www.tomitribe.com> | JavaEE Factory
>> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

>>> I mean, it's still a milestone. So should just carry on the 7.0.0-Mx
>> path.
>>> 7.1.0 can't really exist until 7.0.0 is released?
>>>
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
>>> On 25 Apr 2016 13:47, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> My personal opinion is that in seeing a jump to a 7.1.M1, people will
>> look
>>> for a 7.0 GA, and be confused because its missing. I know I would be.

>>> HTTP/2
>>>>

>>> +1

>>> master
>>>>

>>> + 1

>>> but

>> couple
>>> of
>>> 8.x

>>> I don't have any objection to that.

>>> I think this is confusing - we already have the concept of "flavours"
>>> (webprofile, jaxrs, plus, plume) which determine what features are "in
>> the
>>> box". Mixing in whether or not you get HTTP/2 in with the version number
>>> seems confusing to me.
>>>
>>> If Tomcat 8.5 is fully backwards compatible with previous Tomcat 8.x
>>> releases (and I note that JL says it is above), I see no reason for TomEE
>>> 7.0.0.M4 onwards to use that, and include HTTP/2 support.
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jonathan Gallimore
>>> http://twitter.com/jongallimore
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: Next release 7.1?

Mark Struberg-2
JavaEE certification is not worth much anymore.
Recently I learned that another big customer shipped their EE server for 5 years without passing the Sun TCK and still claimed to be a ‚compliant EE server‘.

We don’t claim anything and just say that we implement the EE7 APIs. That’s all. At the end TomEE is measured by how stable it runs and how good the support and community around it is.

IF we finally get the TCK then it’s fine as well of course.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 26.04.2016 um 23:25 schrieb David Blevins <[hidden email]>:
>
> Regarding documentation, I’d add further that I’d want to see these write-ups in-hand before we start rolling votes.  Some items to add to the list:
>
> - What is the current status of the various distributions in terms of compliance
> - Tested step-by-step instructions specifically for 7 on how to wire in Hibernate
> - People will want to know our plans for eventually becoming certified.  We will need to have a project-agreed statement issued with the release.
>
> I think we need to put some polish on our state and be as professional as possible in efforts to curve confusion or blowback from having a TomEE 7 release that is not EE 7 certified and in some cases not EE 7 compliant.
>
> Users get quite angry when they feel they had to discover something for themselves and weren’t told outright.  When they ask on the mailing list and get essentially an “of course that doesn’t work” as an answer, it’s no good; one part insulting and two parts infuriating :)
>
> Some extra effort here will go a long way.
>
> Regarding Tomcat 8.0 -> 8.5 upgrade concerns:
>
> - I think the original concern of potential issues is valid to the extent it might be in our best interest to push out an M4 immediately with Tomcat 8.5.  We could have that out there while we prepare for a GA.  GA is less technical and more about communication.  We haven’t started the communication efforts.  We could let users try out Tomcat 8.5 in that time.
>

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
>> On Apr 25, 2016, at 5:27 AM, Andy Gumbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for 7.0.0, with a proper write up of what to expect from it.
>>
>> http://www.tomitribe.com - @AndyGeeDe - On a small screen device.
>> On 25 Apr 2016 14:24, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> well we never said we'll align JavaEE 7 with TomEE 7 - made it clear in
>>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Versioning-help-td4677842.html
>>> at
>>> least and probably another thread - so it is milestone until we judged we
>>> want a final.
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
>>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Tomitriber
>>> <http://www.tomitribe.com> | JavaEE Factory
>>> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

>>> path.

>>> look

>>> couple

>>> the

Re: Next release 7.1?

Jeff Genender-2

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:42 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JavaEE certification is not worth much anymore.

I assume this your opinion… not a fact?  Do you have info to back that statement up?

I won’t argue that I believe (yes my opinion) that Java EE is waning… but I’m not sure going as far as saying its not worth much any more is a fact.

> Recently I learned that another big customer shipped their EE server for 5 years without passing the Sun TCK and still claimed to be a ‚compliant EE server’.

Interesting… they claimed it “compliant” and no mention of certified.  That seems like lawsuit bait to me.  Name of server/company that made that claim?  I would be interested to know whose legal let that one slip.

> We don’t claim anything and just say that we implement the EE7 APIs. That’s all. At the end TomEE is measured by how stable it runs and how good the support and community around it is.

-1.  Be up front and forth-right with the community.  Honestly is always the best policy.

Jeff

12