New committer Cesar Hernandez

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar to
become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
always something to improve especially in the open source world.

When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.

I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.

We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
to guide the direction of the project.

Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.

RE: New committer Cesar Hernandez

COURTAULT Francois
Congratulation Cesar !

[...]

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjlouismonteiro&data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.COURTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C21b5999a36ff4183319808d731d62575%7C37d0a9db7c464096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C0%7C0%7C637032668130941738&sdata=9d4hsY4uUESwbsDlab4vsK3GKy%2Feem82rokemgjbNnc%3D&reserved=0
https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tomitribe.com&data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.COURTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C21b5999a36ff4183319808d731d62575%7C37d0a9db7c464096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C0%7C0%7C637032668130941738&sdata=ObkAw%2Fyw4M8SM3h5JZAX9iLe7hyyyA%2F2dUcdi9lsOBc%3D&reserved=0
________________________________

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

David Salter-4
Congratulations Cesar. Well deserved :)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 08:53, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar
> become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
>
> Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> always something to improve especially in the open source world.
>
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
> our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
>
> I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
> been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
> large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.
>
> We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> accepted.
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
> no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
> productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> to guide the direction of the project.
>

> Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Cesar Hernandez
Thank you all for your kind word.
It's such a great honor to be part of the Apache TomEE community since day
1 and I want to thank you all for enabling me to grow professionally and
personally along with you.

César Hernández.

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Welcome on board Cesar!

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 4:55 PM Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you all for your kind word.
> It's such a great honor to be part of the Apache TomEE community since day
> 1 and I want to thank you all for enabling me to grow professionally and
> personally along with you.
>

> El jue., 5 sept. 2019 a las 7:56, Jonathan Gallimore (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Congratulations Cesar!
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:53 AM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited
> Cesar
> > > become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.
> > >
> > > Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
> > > Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
> > > always something to improve especially in the open source world.
> > >
> > > When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
> > > source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and
> > 50%
> > > our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.
> > >
> > > I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he
> has
> > > been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed
> > > large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors
> > contribute.
> > >
> > > We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
> > > accepted.
> > >
> > > Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
> there
> > is
> > > no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable
> better
> > > productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
> > and
> > > to guide the direction of the project.
> > >

> > > Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com