Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

prasadkgvs
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

Does Multi-Processing Module available in Tomcat also available in TomEE? or Do we have similar feature in TomEE?

In our web application we have native logic (built in C & C++) and it will be called through Java. At times JVM used to crash due to errors in native logic. So with TomEE if we run our web application with single process then application availability is at risk. So I would like to know whether it is possible to configure TomEE for multiple processes, like we configure for Tomcat using MPM module.

Regards,
Prasad.

Re: Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

Romain Manni-Bucau
If tomcat supports it tomee does...but i fear you mix tomcat and httpd.

You can start N tomee and use httpd to load balance them. Should solve your
issue.
Le 26 nov. 2015 10:51, "prasadkgvs" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Does Multi-Processing Module <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mpm.html>
> available in Tomcat also available in TomEE? or Do we have similar feature
> in TomEE?
>
> In our web application we have native logic (built in C & C++) and it will
> be called through Java. Yet times JVM used to crash due to errors in native
> logic. So with TomEE if we run our web application with single process then
> application availability is at risk. So I would like to know whether it is
> possible to configure TomEE for multiple processes, like we configure for
> Tomcat using MPM module.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad.

Re: Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

Jonathan S. Fisher
Tomcat/TomEE runs a single Java process and does not fork. If you're
running it using OpenJDK or Oracle JVMs, it will use thread pools backed by
native threads to handle requests with the default setup.

But TomEE/Tomcat is very different than Apache Httpd. Tomcat/TomEE run Java
EE Applications typically packaged as .WAR or .EAR files. Httpd is a
general purpose web server. While there is some overlap (yes, you can serve
files up with Tomcat/TomEE very quickly), it's best to use them for their
particular task they were designed for. Modules for httpd are in no way
compatible for Tomcat/TomEE.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If tomcat supports it tomee does...but i fear you mix tomcat and httpd.
>
> You can start N tomee and use httpd to load balance them. Should solve your
> issue.
> Le 26 nov. 2015 10:51, "prasadkgvs" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Does Multi-Processing Module <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mpm.html
> >
> > available in Tomcat also available in TomEE? or Do we have similar
> feature
> > in TomEE?
> >
> > In our web application we have native logic (built in C & C++) and it
> will
> > be called through Java. Yet times JVM used to crash due to errors in
> native
> > logic. So with TomEE if we run our web application with single process
> then
> > application availability is at risk. So I would like to know whether it
> is
> > possible to configure TomEE for multiple processes, like we configure for
> > Tomcat using MPM module.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Prasad.

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject
to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA). The message is intended for the sole use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalties. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the
sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from
any computer.