MicroProfile Samples

Roberto Cortez
Hi folks,

We have a parent JIRA issue with a lot of work going on in enriching TomEE samples with MicroProfile:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285>

The following are up for grabs:

TOMEE-2336 - MicroProfile OpenTracing Example for @Traced

TOMEE-2335 - MicroProfile Health Example for custom HealthCheck

TOMEE-2334 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JsonWebToken as Principal injection

TOMEE-2333 - MicroProfile JWT Example for mp.jwt.verify.publickey configuration

TOMEE-2332 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JWK

TOMEE-2296 - MicroProfile Fault Tolerance Example for @Timeout

Thanks!

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Lucas Farias de Oliveira
Hi Roberto! I'm a new member and I don't know if this is the right place to
ask, but How can I help? I have a particular interest with TOMEE-2336 or
TOMEE-2336

regards,
Lucas Farias

Em sex, 7 de dez de 2018 às 15:57, Roberto Cortez
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi folks,
>
> We have a parent JIRA issue with a lot of work going on in enriching TomEE
> samples with MicroProfile:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285 <
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285>
>
> The following are up for grabs:
>
> TOMEE-2336 - MicroProfile OpenTracing Example for @Traced
>
> TOMEE-2335 - MicroProfile Health Example for custom HealthCheck
>
> TOMEE-2334 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JsonWebToken as Principal
> injection
>
> TOMEE-2333 - MicroProfile JWT Example for mp.jwt.verify.publickey
> configuration
>
> TOMEE-2332 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JWK
>
> TOMEE-2296 - MicroProfile Fault Tolerance Example for @Timeout
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Lucas Farias de Oliveira
Sorry! I did not see other e-mails before reply, and there is someone
interested in TOMEE-2336. :( The other issue would be TOMEE-2335.

Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 11:41, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Roberto! I'm a new member and I don't know if this is the right place
> to ask, but How can I help? I have a particular interest with TOMEE-2336 or
> TOMEE-2336
>
> regards,
> Lucas Farias
>

> Em sex, 7 de dez de 2018 às 15:57, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> We have a parent JIRA issue with a lot of work going on in enriching
>> TomEE samples with MicroProfile:
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285 <
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285>
>>
>> The following are up for grabs:
>>
>> TOMEE-2336 - MicroProfile OpenTracing Example for @Traced
>>
>> TOMEE-2335 - MicroProfile Health Example for custom HealthCheck
>>
>> TOMEE-2334 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JsonWebToken as Principal
>> injection
>>
>> TOMEE-2333 - MicroProfile JWT Example for mp.jwt.verify.publickey
>> configuration
>>
>> TOMEE-2332 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JWK
>>
>> TOMEE-2296 - MicroProfile Fault Tolerance Example for @Timeout
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Roberto Cortez
Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your interest.

Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.

If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up with a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 8 Dec 2018, at 13:46, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry! I did not see other e-mails before reply, and there is someone
> interested in TOMEE-2336. :( The other issue would be TOMEE-2335.
>
> Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 11:41, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Roberto! I'm a new member and I don't know if this is the right place
>> to ask, but How can I help? I have a particular interest with TOMEE-2336 or
>> TOMEE-2336
>>
>> regards,
>> Lucas Farias
>>

>> Em sex, 7 de dez de 2018 às 15:57, Roberto Cortez
>> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> We have a parent JIRA issue with a lot of work going on in enriching
>>> TomEE samples with MicroProfile:
>>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285 <
>>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2285>
>>>
>>> The following are up for grabs:
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2336 - MicroProfile OpenTracing Example for @Traced
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2335 - MicroProfile Health Example for custom HealthCheck
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2334 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JsonWebToken as Principal
>>> injection
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2333 - MicroProfile JWT Example for mp.jwt.verify.publickey
>>> configuration
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2332 - MicroProfile JWT Example for JWK
>>>
>>> TOMEE-2296 - MicroProfile Fault Tolerance Example for @Timeout
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Roberto

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Lucas Farias de Oliveira
Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D

Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 22:06, Roberto Cortez
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Lucas,
>
> Thank you for your interest.
>
> Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.
>
> If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up with
> a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 8 Dec 2018, at 13:46, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry! I did not see other e-mails before reply, and there is someone
> > interested in TOMEE-2336. :( The other issue would be TOMEE-2335.
> >
> > Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 11:41, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> > [hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> >> Hi Roberto! I'm a new member and I don't know if this is the right place
> >> to ask, but How can I help? I have a particular interest with
> TOMEE-2336 or
> >> TOMEE-2336
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Lucas Farias

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Ivan St. Ivanov
Hi everyone!

First, let me introduce myself, as I haven't posted here for quite a long
time. My name is Ivan and I am from the Bulgarian JUG. I am also the
co-author of the MicroProfile Hands-on-lab (
https://github.com/bgjug/microprofile-hol-1x).

Roberto, I can take the remaining sample on MP Health if anybody has opted
in yet. Do you have anything in mind? Or you can leave that to my own
imagination? :)

Cheers,
Ivan

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 3:43 AM Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D
>
> Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 22:06, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Lucas,
> >
> > Thank you for your interest.
> >
> > Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.
> >
> > If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up with
> > a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto
> >
> > > On 8 Dec 2018, at 13:46, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry! I did not see other e-mails before reply, and there is someone
> > > interested in TOMEE-2336. :( The other issue would be TOMEE-2335.

> place
> > TOMEE-2336 or

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Roberto Cortez
Hi Lucas,

Wonderful. I have one for you:

https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351> - MicroProfile OpenTracing Example for Distributed Microservices. Would you like to take it?

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 9 Dec 2018, at 01:36, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D
>
> Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 22:06, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> Thank you for your interest.
>>
>> Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.
>>
>> If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up with
>> a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 8 Dec 2018, at 13:46, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry! I did not see other e-mails before reply, and there is someone
>>> interested in TOMEE-2336. :( The other issue would be TOMEE-2335.

>> TOMEE-2336 or

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Lucas Farias de Oliveira
Hey Roberto, it sounds interesting! My username on Jira is "luksrn"

Em dom, 9 de dez de 2018 às 21:30, Roberto Cortez
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Lucas,
>
> Wonderful. I have one for you:
>
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351 <
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351> - MicroProfile
> OpenTracing Example for Distributed Microservices. Would you like to take
> it?
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 9 Dec 2018, at 01:36, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D
> >
> > Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 22:06, Roberto Cortez
> > <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> >> Hi Lucas,
> >>
> >> Thank you for your interest.
> >>
> >> Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.
> >>
> >> If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up
> with
> >> a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Roberto

> place
> >> TOMEE-2336 or

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Roberto Cortez
Hi Ivan,

Welcome back :)

Someone else already grabbed https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2335 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2335>, which is to show how to implement a custom health check.

Please feel free to go wild and come up with some other example scenarios for MP Health :)

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 9 Dec 2018, at 07:59, Ivan St. Ivanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> First, let me introduce myself, as I haven't posted here for quite a long
> time. My name is Ivan and I am from the Bulgarian JUG. I am also the
> co-author of the MicroProfile Hands-on-lab (
> https://github.com/bgjug/microprofile-hol-1x).
>
> Roberto, I can take the remaining sample on MP Health if anybody has opted
> in yet. Do you have anything in mind? Or you can leave that to my own
> imagination? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Ivan
>
> On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 3:43 AM Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D
>>
>> Em sáb, 8 de dez de 2018 às 22:06, Roberto Cortez
>> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hi Lucas,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your interest.
>>>
>>> Apparently, Jose Henrique Ventura is also interested in TOMEE-2335.
>>>
>>> If you are interested in Health and OpenTracing specs, I can come up with
>>> a few other scenarios for you to work on. Is this interesting to you?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Roberto

>> place
>>> TOMEE-2336 or

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Daniel Cunha-2
Hi folks,

I've that PR for config sample, can someone take a look on it?
https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/220

Thank you!

Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: MicroProfile Samples

brunobat
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the PR!

I left a comment in it.

Cheers

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

On 10/12/18 10:53, Daniel Cunha wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've that PR for config sample, can someone take a look on it?
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/220
>
> Thank you!
>
> Em dom, 9 de dez de 2018 às 21:13, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> Welcome back :)
>>
>> Someone else already grabbed
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2335 <
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2335>, which is to show how to
>> implement a custom health check.
>>
>> Please feel free to go wild and come up with some other example scenarios
>> for MP Health :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 9 Dec 2018, at 07:59, Ivan St. Ivanov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> First, let me introduce myself, as I haven't posted here for quite a long
>>> time. My name is Ivan and I am from the Bulgarian JUG. I am also the
>>> co-author of the MicroProfile Hands-on-lab (
>>> https://github.com/bgjug/microprofile-hol-1x).
>>>
>>> Roberto, I can take the remaining sample on MP Health if anybody has
>> opted
>>> in yet. Do you have anything in mind? Or you can leave that to my own
>>> imagination? :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ivan

>> with

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Daniel Cunha
Thank you Bruno.

Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Daniel Cunha
Hi,

I updated the sample, hope it's ok to go!

Thank you.

Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Roberto Cortez
Hi Lucas,

I’ve assigned the issue to you. Let us know if you need any help.

Good luck and have fun :)

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 9 Dec 2018, at 23:59, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Roberto, it sounds interesting! My username on Jira is "luksrn"
>
> Em dom, 9 de dez de 2018 às 21:30, Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> Wonderful. I have one for you:
>>
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351 <
>> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351> - MicroProfile
>> OpenTracing Example for Distributed Microservices. Would you like to take
>> it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 9 Dec 2018, at 01:36, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey, Open Tracing spec would be nice. :D

>> with

>> place

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Ivan St. Ivanov
Hi folks!

I created a PR (https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/333) for this issue:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2333

Cheers and happy and successful new year everyone!
Ivan

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Lucas,
>
> I’ve assigned the issue to you. Let us know if you need any help.
>
> Good luck and have fun :)
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 9 Dec 2018, at 23:59, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Roberto, it sounds interesting! My username on Jira is "luksrn"
> >
> > Em dom, 9 de dez de 2018 às 21:30, Roberto Cortez
> > <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> >> Hi Lucas,
> >>
> >> Wonderful. I have one for you:
> >>
> >> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351 <
> >> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2351> - MicroProfile
> >> OpenTracing Example for Distributed Microservices. Would you like to
> take
> >> it?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Roberto

> >> with

> >> place

> enriching

Re: MicroProfile Samples

ivanjunckes
This is a great contribution Ivan, this was a missing feature that was
recently added in TomEE.

Thank you for that!

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:08 AM Ivan St. Ivanov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I created a PR (https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/333) for this issue:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2333
>
> Cheers and happy and successful new year everyone!
> Ivan
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Lucas,
> >
> > I’ve assigned the issue to you. Let us know if you need any help.
> >
> > Good luck and have fun :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto
> >
> > > On 9 Dec 2018, at 23:59, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Roberto, it sounds interesting! My username on Jira is "luksrn"

> > take

> you?

> someone

> > enriching

> Principal

Re: MicroProfile Samples

brunobat
Great!

Thanks Ivan, will review it now.

Cheers

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

On 31/12/18 11:43, Ivan St. Ivanov wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I created a PR (https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/333) for this issue:
> https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2333
>
> Cheers and happy and successful new year everyone!
> Ivan
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> I’ve assigned the issue to you. Let us know if you need any help.
>>
>> Good luck and have fun :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>>> On 9 Dec 2018, at 23:59, Lucas Farias de Oliveira <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hey Roberto, it sounds interesting! My username on Jira is "luksrn"

>> take

>> enriching

Re: MicroProfile Samples

Ivan St. Ivanov
Thank you Ivan and Bruno! :)

I was finally able to do my own "contribution for the holidays" :)

Cheers,
Ivan

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 2:43 PM Bruno Baptista <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great!
>
> Thanks Ivan, will review it now.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bruno Baptista
> https://twitter.com/brunobat_
>

> On 31/12/18 11:43, Ivan St. Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I created a PR (https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/333) for this
> issue:
> > https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2333
> >
> > Cheers and happy and successful new year everyone!
> > Ivan
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM Roberto Cortez
> <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Lucas,
> >>
> >> I’ve assigned the issue to you. Let us know if you need any help.
> >>
> >> Good luck and have fun :)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Roberto

> >> take

> you?

> someone

> >> enriching

> Principal

Re: MicroProfile Samples

jgallimore
Merged! Thanks Ivan, and Happy New Year!

Jon