Merge of OpenEJB branch dead_2_2

Dain Sundstrom
I've spent the better part of a day researching the changes in 2.0-
 >dead_2_2 verses the changes in 2.0->trunk, and I have come to the
conclusion it will be easier to simply dead_2_2 to run in Geronimo
trunk than it will be to apply the dead_2_2 changes to the OpenEJB
trunk.  Here is more info on what I found in much more detail:

2664->HEAD - Packaging for release an branch cutting

2595->2664 - A few new features such like xbean serialization, MEJB
rewrite, jndi changes (mount gbeans into jnid) and configuration
manager patches

branch_1_1->2585 - Main work in 1.1.  This is 99% changes caused by
API changes in Geronimo

configid->branch_1_1 - Minor work to prove configid changes would work

1_0 -> configid - configid was cut directly from 1.0 but a few
changes made it in for 1.0.1.  These were merged into the configid
branch immediately before it was renamed to branch_1_1 (r2522).

Based on this data, I'm going to make a copy of the dead_2_2 branch
and attempt to update it to the new apis by hand.  Once this is done,
all of us will need to scan over the change log between configid and
head to make sure all important fixes or features are present in the
dead_2_2 branch.  If you already know about important stuff in head
that needs to be pulled over, let me know by responding to this email
and I'll try to get it in (make sure to CC [hidden email]
and [hidden email]).

Right now, I'm not sure this plan will work, but by Sunday I should
know.

-dain

Re: Merge of OpenEJB branch dead_2_2

Dain Sundstrom
I've discovered that I need a bunch of patched from geronimo's
dead-1.2 branch to make openejb's dead_2_2 version work.  The problem
is these patches need openejb dead_2_2 or we will get compile
errors.  To ease this situation, I have created a private working
directory for myself at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/
branches/dain/openejb-2.2-merge.  I will try to keep the changes as
simple as possible, svn merge commands mostly.  I'll do my best to
document the svn commands to recreate the changes.

-dain

On Jun 16, 2006, at 8:55 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I've spent the better part of a day researching the changes in 2.0-
> >dead_2_2 verses the changes in 2.0->trunk, and I have come to the
> conclusion it will be easier to simply dead_2_2 to run in Geronimo
> trunk than it will be to apply the dead_2_2 changes to the OpenEJB
> trunk.  Here is more info on what I found in much more detail:
>
> 2664->HEAD - Packaging for release an branch cutting
>
> 2595->2664 - A few new features such like xbean serialization, MEJB
> rewrite, jndi changes (mount gbeans into jnid) and configuration
> manager patches
>
> branch_1_1->2585 - Main work in 1.1.  This is 99% changes caused by
> API changes in Geronimo
>
> configid->branch_1_1 - Minor work to prove configid changes would work
>
> 1_0 -> configid - configid was cut directly from 1.0 but a few
> changes made it in for 1.0.1.  These were merged into the configid
> branch immediately before it was renamed to branch_1_1 (r2522).
>

> Based on this data, I'm going to make a copy of the dead_2_2 branch
> and attempt to update it to the new apis by hand.  Once this is
> done, all of us will need to scan over the change log between
> configid and head to make sure all important fixes or features are
> present in the dead_2_2 branch.  If you already know about
> important stuff in head that needs to be pulled over, let me know
> by responding to this email and I'll try to get it in (make sure to
> CC [hidden email] and [hidden email]).
>
> Right now, I'm not sure this plan will work, but by Sunday I should
> know.
>
> -dain

Re: Merge of OpenEJB branch dead_2_2

David Jencks
Can you please try to annotate trunk's all_changes.log file to track
which revisions you are dealing with?

thanks
david jencks