JavaEE end-to-end example

Sébastien Mosser
Hi all,

I am giving a course named “Introduction to Software Architecture” for 3 years now at Université Côte d’Azur. The lab sessions associated to this course, as well as the example code given to the students, heavily relies on Apache TomEE+, as the course discuss concepts like components and web services.

TomEE+ allows us to implement it quite easily, and the overhead is quite light. As a consequence, we can focus on the architectural questions, and let students develop a project by themselves. This is in my experience quite rare, so congrats :).

The source code of “The Cookie Factory” example app is available on GitHub:
  ==>> https://github.com/polytechnice-si/4A_ISA_TheCookieFactory <https://github.com/polytechnice-si/4A_ISA_TheCookieFactory>

If you are interested to discuss about that, feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Sebastien

--
 Sébastien Mosser, PhD, Associate Professor
 University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France
 I3S Laboratory, UMR CNRS-UNS 7271, SPARKS team
 http://www.i3s.unice.fr/~mosser <http://www.i3s.unice.fr/~mosser>

Re: JavaEE end-to-end example

Mark Struberg-2
Hi Sébastien!

Glad you enjoy TomEE!

I'd probably replace the stateful components with CDI Beans, but otherwise looks great.

LieGrue,
strub