JTA 1.2 spec compliance

Svetlin Zarev
Hi,

TomEE 7 wraps all transactions thrown from a method annotated with
@Transactional into TransactionalException.

Yet I was not able to find any arguments in favor of this behavior into the
JTA 1.2 spec. I've also checked GlassFish 4 and WildFly 8, which are EE7
certified, and they do not wrap any exceptions into TransactionalException.
Is this a known issue ?

Kind regadrs,
Svetlin

Re: JTA 1.2 spec compliance

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hmm, guess it is undefined, at least didnt find any pointer on that in the
spec itself but created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2047 to
remove this wrapper which never fits end users IMHO