JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

daveg-iwd

It seems that some of the capabilities provided by javax.json.bind were
broken in this release of Plume.  I'm referring to things such as using the
javax.json.bind.JsonbConfig, javax.json.bind.config.PropertyNamingStrategy,
javax.json.bind.config.PropertyVisibilityStrategy along with the
javax.json.bind.annotation.JsonbTypeAdapter annotation.  We have been using
them in some REST clients running on 7.1.0 Plume and they work just fine.
But on 7.1.1 with identical server configs, all of the JSONB configuration
and the annotated fields seem to be ignored.

Is there some sort of config setting we need to adjust to make johnzon act
as the jsonb implementation?

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

David Salter-4
Hi,

Do you have a small example that replicates the issue ?

Thanks,

David.

> On 10 Jul 2019, at 15:00, daveg-iwd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> It seems that some of the capabilities provided by javax.json.bind were
> broken in this release of Plume.  I'm referring to things such as using the
> javax.json.bind.JsonbConfig, javax.json.bind.config.PropertyNamingStrategy,
> javax.json.bind.config.PropertyVisibilityStrategy along with the
> javax.json.bind.annotation.JsonbTypeAdapter annotation.  We have been using
> them in some REST clients running on 7.1.0 Plume and they work just fine.
> But on 7.1.1 with identical server configs, all of the JSONB configuration
> and the annotated fields seem to be ignored.
>
> Is there some sort of config setting we need to adjust to make johnzon act
> as the jsonb implementation?

> Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html

Re: JSONB Capabilities Broken in 7.1.1 Plume?

daveg-iwd
I went ahead and opened an issue on JIRA.  I included an example project as
an upload. Hope that's OK.

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2565>