JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

fabian-a.richter

Hi,

the OpenJPA team released its JPA 2.1 release at the same time as the update for 2.0 (2.4.3)

As TomEE 7 is Java EE 7 based (which includes JPA 2.1 if I am not mistaken) why didn’t the 7.0.5 release finally incude the (correct) JPA 2.1 compliant relase of OpenJPA?

You guys do maintain the OpenEJB packages as well, don’t you?

What was the reason for still packaging a JPA 2.0 implementation into a JPA 2.1 application server?

Thanks and best,

Fabian

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

gilbertoca
Hello, Fabian!

Based on this answer[1] by Romain I think they are targeting the 2.2 spec
and waiting for the release of the Jakarta EE TCKs[2].

Regards,

Gilberto

[1]
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Apache-TomEE-7-0-5-and-JPA-2-1-td4684185.html
[2] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-jakarta-ee-tck

fabian-a.richter wrote

> Hi,
>
> the OpenJPA team released its JPA 2.1 release at the same time as the
> update for 2.0 (2.4.3)
>
> As TomEE 7 is Java EE 7 based (which includes JPA 2.1 if I am not
> mistaken) why didn’t the 7.0.5 release finally incude the (correct) JPA
> 2.1 compliant relase of OpenJPA?
>
> You guys do maintain the OpenEJB packages as well, don’t you?
>
> What was the reason for still packaging a JPA 2.0 implementation into a
> JPA 2.1 application server?
>
> Thanks and best,
>
> Fabian
> smime.p7s (7K)
> <http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4684429/0/smime.p7s>

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Fabian,

no real reason I guess, feel free to open a PR

Le mar. 7 août 2018 à 13:22, gilbertoca <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello, Fabian!
>
> Based on this answer[1] by Romain I think they are targeting the 2.2 spec
> and waiting for the release of the Jakarta EE TCKs[2].
>
> Regards,
>
> Gilberto
>
> [1]
>
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Apache-TomEE-7-0-5-and-JPA-2-1-td4684185.html
> [2] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-jakarta-ee-tck
>

> fabian-a.richter wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > the OpenJPA team released its JPA 2.1 release at the same time as the
> > update for 2.0 (2.4.3)
> >
> > As TomEE 7 is Java EE 7 based (which includes JPA 2.1 if I am not
> > mistaken) why didn’t the 7.0.5 release finally incude the (correct) JPA
> > 2.1 compliant relase of OpenJPA?
> >
> > You guys do maintain the OpenEJB packages as well, don’t you?
> >
> > What was the reason for still packaging a JPA 2.0 implementation into a
> > JPA 2.1 application server?
> >
> > Thanks and best,
> >
> > Fabian
> > smime.p7s (7K)
> > &lt;
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4684429/0/smime.p7s&gt
> ;

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

Mark Struberg-2
Hi Fabian!

The main reason to not include OpenJPA-3.0.0 in TomEE-7.0.5 is because OpenJPA-3.0.0 requires Java8 as minimum level.
But TomEE-7.0.5 still supports to run on Java7.

That said, it's pretty straight forward to just replace the OpenJPA jars on TomEE-7.0.5 with the ones from OpenJPA-3.0.0.
All the API jars should already have been upgraded in TomEE.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 07.08.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Fabian,
>
> no real reason I guess, feel free to open a PR

> Le mar. 7 août 2018 à 13:22, gilbertoca <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hello, Fabian!
>>
>> Based on this answer[1] by Romain I think they are targeting the 2.2 spec
>> and waiting for the release of the Jakarta EE TCKs[2].
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gilberto
>>
>> [1]
>>
>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Apache-TomEE-7-0-5-and-JPA-2-1-td4684185.html
>> [2] https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-jakarta-ee-tck
>>

>> fabian-a.richter wrote
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the OpenJPA team released its JPA 2.1 release at the same time as the
>>> update for 2.0 (2.4.3)
>>>
>>> As TomEE 7 is Java EE 7 based (which includes JPA 2.1 if I am not
>>> mistaken) why didn’t the 7.0.5 release finally incude the (correct) JPA
>>> 2.1 compliant relase of OpenJPA?
>>>
>>> You guys do maintain the OpenEJB packages as well, don’t you?
>>>
>>> What was the reason for still packaging a JPA 2.0 implementation into a
>>> JPA 2.1 application server?
>>>
>>> Thanks and best,
>>>
>>> Fabian
>>> smime.p7s (7K)
>>> &lt;
>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4684429/0/smime.p7s&gt
>> ;
>>

>> --
>> Sent from:
>> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

Maxim Solodovnik
Not sure if my question is related to this thread,
Is OpenJPA 3.0 will be supported by Spring5?

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Not related but yes, same as today (means some "portable" syntax of spring
needs to import these classes back
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/commit/69ec437fbc07f72265aa315c3222e18f73409651#diff-7dc6e6ab14a91414c635ccfe889842eaL48
)

Le mar. 7 août 2018 à 18:21, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Not sure if my question is related to this thread,
> Is OpenJPA 3.0 will be supported by Spring5?
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 7:25 PM Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Fabian!
> >
> > The main reason to not include OpenJPA-3.0.0 in TomEE-7.0.5 is because
> OpenJPA-3.0.0 requires Java8 as minimum level.
> > But TomEE-7.0.5 still supports to run on Java7.
> >
> > That said, it's pretty straight forward to just replace the OpenJPA jars
> on TomEE-7.0.5 with the ones from OpenJPA-3.0.0.
> > All the API jars should already have been upgraded in TomEE.
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > > Am 07.08.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > Hi Fabian,
> > >
> > > no real reason I guess, feel free to open a PR
> > >
> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <

> spec

> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Apache-TomEE-7-0-5-and-JPA-2-1-td4684185.html

> JPA

> into a

> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4684429/0/smime.p7s&gt

> --
> WBR
> Maxim aka solomax

Re: JPA 2.0 compliant OpenJPA version in 2.1 based TomEE?

Maxim Solodovnik
Thanks for the pointer!

--
WBR