Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Wiesner, Martin
Hey guys,

Richard (Z, @rzo1) and me are having some coffee in the office and are discussing several ideas. One them is that we’d like to propose that TomEE project kicks out a pre-xmas release for 7.1.1 and/or 7.0.6, and even more interesting: a 8.0.0-M2 milestone preview.

The rationale behind it is that we all might get (more) valuable feedback on the current state by the TomEE community. With many bugs fixed and improvements made recently, it might be worth considering such a step.

What do you all think of our proposal? Any opinions much welcome.

Best
Martin

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Roberto Cortez
Hi Martin,

Yes, my idea was to push for another Milestone release once we stabilise the build.

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 13 Dec 2018, at 12:16, Wiesner, Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> Richard (Z, @rzo1) and me are having some coffee in the office and are discussing several ideas. One them is that we’d like to propose that TomEE project kicks out a pre-xmas release for 7.1.1 and/or 7.0.6, and even more interesting: a 8.0.0-M2 milestone preview.
>
> The rationale behind it is that we all might get (more) valuable feedback on the current state by the TomEE community. With many bugs fixed and improvements made recently, it might be worth considering such a step.
>
> What do you all think of our proposal? Any opinions much welcome.
>
> Best
> Martin
> --
> https://twitter.com/mawiesne <https://twitter.com/mawiesne>

Re: Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
+1

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018, 10:37 Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Yes, my idea was to push for another Milestone release once we stabilise
> the build.
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 13 Dec 2018, at 12:16, Wiesner, Martin <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Richard (Z, @rzo1) and me are having some coffee in the office and are
> discussing several ideas. One them is that we’d like to propose that TomEE
> project kicks out a pre-xmas release for 7.1.1 and/or 7.0.6, and even more
> interesting: a 8.0.0-M2 milestone preview.
> >
> > The rationale behind it is that we all might get (more) valuable
> feedback on the current state by the TomEE community. With many bugs fixed
> and improvements made recently, it might be worth considering such a step.
> >
> > What do you all think of our proposal? Any opinions much welcome.
> >
> > Best
> > Martin
> > --
> > https://twitter.com/mawiesne <https://twitter.com/mawiesne>

Re: Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Alex The Rocker
Hello,

Huge +1, especially if that includes official Java 11 support.
Think about this : Java 12 will be RTM in January, would be a shame if
no TomEE+ release wouldn't even support Java 11 before...
(and yes, we need it for TomEE+ 7.0.6, we're targeting 7.1.x next
year, that's life..)

Kind regards,
Alexandre

Le jeu. 13 déc. 2018 à 13:43, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> +1
>
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018, 10:37 Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Yes, my idea was to push for another Milestone release once we stabilise
> > the build.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto
> >
> > > On 13 Dec 2018, at 12:16, Wiesner, Martin <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > Richard (Z, @rzo1) and me are having some coffee in the office and are
> > discussing several ideas. One them is that we’d like to propose that TomEE
> > project kicks out a pre-xmas release for 7.1.1 and/or 7.0.6, and even more
> > interesting: a 8.0.0-M2 milestone preview.
> > >
> > > The rationale behind it is that we all might get (more) valuable
> > feedback on the current state by the TomEE community. With many bugs fixed
> > and improvements made recently, it might be worth considering such a step.
> > >
> > > What do you all think of our proposal? Any opinions much welcome.
> > >
> > > Best
> > > Martin
> > > --
> > > https://twitter.com/mawiesne <https://twitter.com/mawiesne>

Re: Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

There's some stuff I need to finish backporting, but I'm generally in
favour. We have a Johnzon vote in progress, and could do with an OWB
release for the 7.0.x and 7.1.x branches.

Jon

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Wiesner, Martin <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Richard (Z, @rzo1) and me are having some coffee in the office and are
> discussing several ideas. One them is that we’d like to propose that TomEE
> project kicks out a pre-xmas release for 7.1.1 and/or 7.0.6, and even more
> interesting: a 8.0.0-M2 milestone preview.
>
> The rationale behind it is that we all might get (more) valuable feedback
> on the current state by the TomEE community. With many bugs fixed and
> improvements made recently, it might be worth considering such a step.
>
> What do you all think of our proposal? Any opinions much welcome.
>
> Best
> Martin
> --
> https://twitter.com/mawiesne

Re: Is TomEE ready to ship for Santa? - Conducting pre-xmas releases: 7.0.6, 7.1.1, 8.0.0-M2

Mark Struberg-2
+1, just ping me if you need some help.

LieGrue,
strub