Interceptors discovery

vranac
This post was updated on .
I want to introduce some metrics in web project. First option is to use metrics from microprofile, but it seems that there is no support in TomEE for that. Next was to use dropwizard metrics and corresponding cdi library(metrics-cdi). But there is problem using that library. Library is using interceptors to collect metrics.

There is small git project(tomee and metrics-cdi) build by other person having the same issue. After some debug I can see that only one  interceptor is discover by TomEE from four interceptors that are needed to collect
metrics.

If I add other interceptorts(e.g. TimedInterceptor) to the beans.xml then metrics are getting collected as expected. But, also I get warning in console from TomEE that this interceptors are already discovered. If i removed entries form beans.xml, then warning is gone, but then there is no metrics collected.

Tested on TomEE 7.0.4 webprofile.

Re: Interceptors discovery

vranac
Still have issue with interceptors, and I have follow up question is TomEE
CDI 1.2 compatible?

Also, is there any library that implements microprofile metrics that is
working on TomEE?

Re: Interceptors discovery

chongma
sorry i am not too sure about interceptors.  also there are a lot of
conferences at the moment so the main people that can help you are
probably busy for a few days.  i am sure you will get an answer when
they return

On 12/06/18 08:45, vranac wrote:
> Did I asked difficult questions or what? I think few of them could be answer
> just with yes/no.

> Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Users-f979441.html

Re: Interceptors discovery

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-metrics should run in tomee 8, we plan
to release it pretty soon so it can be a good choice.

For your particular issue, I think your issue is that the name of your
artifact is excluded, try to rename it "foo-metrics.jar" and you will know.