Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

Jeff Genender
I checked in openejb-persistenc under openejb3/server.

It a *very* first crack at a deployer for jars that have a
persistence.xml in them.  So far the unit tests seem to show that its
placing persistence units EntityManagerFactories in the JNDI.  So It
kinda works ;-)

This is just a start and I am hoping I didn't go off into the weeds.  So
feel free to have a gander at it and be as brutal as you need to be ;-)

Jeff

Re: Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

On Mar 6, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> I checked in openejb-persistenc under openejb3/server.
>
> It a *very* first crack at a deployer for jars that have a
> persistence.xml in them.  So far the unit tests seem to show that its
> placing persistence units EntityManagerFactories in the JNDI.  So It
> kinda works ;-)
>
> This is just a start and I am hoping I didn't go off into the
> weeds.  So
> feel free to have a gander at it and be as brutal as you need to
> be ;-)

Looks like a great first step.  We'll probably want to move the code
to core for now as server is for networking/distributed object
serving stuff and we don't yet have a place for separated deployment
code.

I'm trying to compile it and the jaxb2 stuff is giving me a hard time.

[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc': Unable to
find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc'
in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin'
org/codehaus/mojo/jaxb2/XjcMojo (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
[INFO]
----

I'll see if I can't hook up with you on IRC and figure out what is
going on.

Re: Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

Jeff Genender
I'll be on later tonight...I can help with you on it...

Jeff

David Blevins wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I checked in openejb-persistenc under openejb3/server.
>>
>> It a *very* first crack at a deployer for jars that have a
>> persistence.xml in them.  So far the unit tests seem to show that its
>> placing persistence units EntityManagerFactories in the JNDI.  So It
>> kinda works ;-)
>>
>> This is just a start and I am hoping I didn't go off into the weeds.  So
>> feel free to have a gander at it and be as brutal as you need to be ;-)
>
> Looks like a great first step.  We'll probably want to move the code to
> core for now as server is for networking/distributed object serving
> stuff and we don't yet have a place for separated deployment code.
>
> I'm trying to compile it and the jaxb2 stuff is giving me a hard time.
>
> [INFO]
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
> 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc': Unable to find
> the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc' in the
> plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin'
> org/codehaus/mojo/jaxb2/XjcMojo (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
> [INFO]
>

> I'll see if I can't hook up with you on IRC and figure out what is going
> on.

Re: Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

Jeff Genender
Oh...I see you problem ;-)

Set your Java for 1.5.  You are compiling as 1.4.2.

Gotta be 1.5 for annotations ;-)

Jeff

David Blevins wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> I checked in openejb-persistenc under openejb3/server.
>>
>> It a *very* first crack at a deployer for jars that have a
>> persistence.xml in them.  So far the unit tests seem to show that its
>> placing persistence units EntityManagerFactories in the JNDI.  So It
>> kinda works ;-)
>>
>> This is just a start and I am hoping I didn't go off into the weeds.  So
>> feel free to have a gander at it and be as brutal as you need to be ;-)
>
> Looks like a great first step.  We'll probably want to move the code to
> core for now as server is for networking/distributed object serving
> stuff and we don't yet have a place for separated deployment code.
>
> I'm trying to compile it and the jaxb2 stuff is giving me a hard time.
>
> [INFO]
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
> 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc': Unable to find
> the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:xjc' in the
> plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin'
> org/codehaus/mojo/jaxb2/XjcMojo (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
> [INFO]
>

> I'll see if I can't hook up with you on IRC and figure out what is going
> on.

Re: Initial crack at the openejb persistence deployer

Doh!