Improving the JMS documentation at the website

Improving the JMS documentation at the website

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
Hey folks

I'm writing documentation to Improve the JMS at the website.
This enhancement has the following topics:

   - Understanding the on TomEE JMS

   - JMS
   - Message
   - Message Types
   - JMS Advanced

   - JMS Advanced

   - Activation Configuration
   - Configurations

Re: Improving the JMS documentation at the website

jgallimore
Hi Otavio

This sounds like it will be very helpful. What are you planning to put
under "Configurations"? Some examples for specific JMS providers would be
really helpful. Not sure if we still have it, but we used to have something
similar for different data sources.

Jon

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey folks
>
> I'm writing documentation to Improve the JMS at the website.
> This enhancement has the following topics:
>

>    - Understanding the on TomEE JMS
>

>    - JMS
>    - Message
>    - Message Types
>    - JMS Advanced
>

>    - JMS Advanced
>

>    - Activation Configuration
>    - Configurations

Re: Improving the JMS documentation at the website

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
The resource for using JMS setting from both file resource and annotation.

Eg:

  <Resource id="id" type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
    BrokerXmlConfig =  description
    ServerUrl       =  description
    startupTimeout  = description
  </Resource>

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Otavio
>
> This sounds like it will be very helpful. What are you planning to put
> under "Configurations"? Some examples for specific JMS providers would be
> really helpful. Not sure if we still have it, but we used to have something
> similar for different data sources.
>
> Jon
>
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hey folks
> >
> > I'm writing documentation to Improve the JMS at the website.
> > This enhancement has the following topics:
> >

> >    - Understanding the on TomEE JMS
> >

> >    - JMS
> >    - Message
> >    - Message Types
> >    - JMS Advanced
> >

> >    - JMS Advanced
> >

> >    - Activation Configuration
> >    - Configurations

Re: Improving the JMS documentation at the website

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
PR created: https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/pull/4

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The resource for using JMS setting from both file resource and annotation.
>
> Eg:
>

>   <Resource id="id" type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
>     BrokerXmlConfig =  description
>     ServerUrl       =  description
>     startupTimeout  = description
>   </Resource>
>

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Otavio
>>
>> This sounds like it will be very helpful. What are you planning to put
>> under "Configurations"? Some examples for specific JMS providers would be
>> really helpful. Not sure if we still have it, but we used to have
>> something
>> similar for different data sources.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hey folks
>> >
>> > I'm writing documentation to Improve the JMS at the website.
>> > This enhancement has the following topics:
>> >

>> >    - Understanding the on TomEE JMS
>> >

>> >    - JMS
>> >    - Message
>> >    - Message Types
>> >    - JMS Advanced
>> >

>> >    - JMS Advanced
>> >

>> >    - Activation Configuration
>> >    - Configurations

Re: Improving the JMS documentation at the website

jgallimore
Hi Otavio

Thanks for the PR. I left you some feedback on it. Just to summarize here:

* Your title on the documentation page doesn't read too well in English -
"Understanding JMS on TomEE" reads better than "Understanding the on TomEE
JMS"

* You don't need to provide a service-jar.xml - that is what is used
internally to provide defaults - you can override those defaults on the
container itself

* Some specific example configs that work with different JMS providers
would probably be the most useful documentation we could provide. That way,
a user could pull that config straight out of the docs and tweak it to
their needs.