Implementing Microprofile JWT

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Hi all,

I was wondering if we could have the Microprofile JWT implemented in TomEE.
What do you think?

I was reading the spec and I'd like to contribute that in.

Jean-Louis

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi JL,

Microprofile apache effort is hosted in geronimo and John already spoke
about it I think. Would probably saner to keep it all at the same place for
the foundation.

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if we could have the Microprofile JWT implemented in TomEE.
> What do you think?
>
> I was reading the spec and I'd like to contribute that in.
>
> Jean-Louis
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana
Guys, I have a question:

Why not a project to each implementation?
This way I can use just a specific if I want also.

[hidden email]>:

> Guys, I have a question:
>
> Why not a project to each implementation?

this is the case but geronimo is used as an umbrella project.

> This way I can use just a specific if I want also.

exactly the goal and user usage AFAIK ;)

long story short: we learnt from the past errors and since always the same
people work on these projects it is better to not split it accross N
communities since
it leads to a lot of efforts for these people. Having a single umbrella
project with N subprojects reduces the administrative work etc and enhance
the projects productivity.

> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi JL,
> >
> > Microprofile apache effort is hosted in geronimo and John already spoke
> > about it I think. Would probably saner to keep it all at the same place
> for
> > the foundation.

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>

> >:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was wondering if we could have the Microprofile JWT implemented in
> > TomEE.
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > I was reading the spec and I'd like to contribute that in.
> > >
> > > Jean-Louis
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Mark Struberg-2
To clarify this even further:
The Geronimo Server is now officially dead.
But the Geronimo project is not. It alredy contains quite a few modular parts which are reused in many ASF projects and also outside.
Examples is the geronimo-transaction-manager, geronimo-javamail, geronimo-config, xbean-finder, etc

Of course it would probably make sense to fold those 2 projects together, as already discussed in the past.
I'm still all open to it, but I have an important criterium to fulfil:
If we move those portable parts to TomEE, then this would mean that TomEE would become an 'Umbrella project'.
And further that we would need a new name for those portable parts.
They would effectively be mainatained by the TomEE community (which has a big overlap with Geronimo anyway) but those parts must clearly be recognized separately from TomEE.

Otherwise people will assume that those parts only work within TomEE - where in reality they would even work on WildFly or Liberty, etc. or even a naked Tomcat.
Got me?

We might e.g. brand them as 'TomEE Geronimo Spare Parts Department' :)

LieGrue,
strub

PS: I'd also love to keep the org.apache.geronimo package name to ease backward compatibility.

> Am 02.02.2018 um 11:08 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Guys, I have a question:
>>
>> Why not a project to each implementation?
>>

> this is the case but geronimo is used as an umbrella project.
>

>> This way I can use just a specific if I want also.
>>

> exactly the goal and user usage AFAIK ;)
>
> long story short: we learnt from the past errors and since always the same
> people work on these projects it is better to not split it accross N
> communities since
> it leads to a lot of efforts for these people. Having a single umbrella
> project with N subprojects reduces the administrative work etc and enhance
> the projects productivity.
>

>> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi JL,
>>>
>>> Microprofile apache effort is hosted in geronimo and John already spoke
>>> about it I think. Would probably saner to keep it all at the same place
>> for
>>> the foundation.
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>>> rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
>>> ee-8-high-performance>

>>> :

>>> TomEE.

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Rudy De Busscher
I think it is a very important spec, also for non-microprofile
implementations as it can enhance the interoperability of all servers.

I'm also very interested in the implementation (and want to help a bit with
it also :) )

regards
Rudy

On 2 February 2018 at 11:23, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> To clarify this even further:
> The Geronimo Server is now officially dead.
> But the Geronimo project is not. It alredy contains quite a few modular
> parts which are reused in many ASF projects and also outside.
> Examples is the geronimo-transaction-manager, geronimo-javamail,
> geronimo-config, xbean-finder, etc
>
> Of course it would probably make sense to fold those 2 projects together,
> as already discussed in the past.
> I'm still all open to it, but I have an important criterium to fulfil:
> If we move those portable parts to TomEE, then this would mean that TomEE
> would become an 'Umbrella project'.
> And further that we would need a new name for those portable parts.
> They would effectively be mainatained by the TomEE community (which has a
> big overlap with Geronimo anyway) but those parts must clearly be
> recognized separately from TomEE.
>
> Otherwise people will assume that those parts only work within TomEE -
> where in reality they would even work on WildFly or Liberty, etc. or even a
> naked Tomcat.
> Got me?
>
> We might e.g. brand them as 'TomEE Geronimo Spare Parts Department' :)
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> PS: I'd also love to keep the org.apache.geronimo package name to ease
> backward compatibility.
>

> > Am 02.02.2018 um 11:08 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >:

> > [hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Guys, I have a question:
> >>
> >> Why not a project to each implementation?
> >>

> > this is the case but geronimo is used as an umbrella project.
> >

> >> This way I can use just a specific if I want also.
> >>

> > exactly the goal and user usage AFAIK ;)
> >
> > long story short: we learnt from the past errors and since always the
> same
> > people work on these projects it is better to not split it accross N
> > communities since
> > it leads to a lot of efforts for these people. Having a single umbrella
> > project with N subprojects reduces the administrative work etc and
> enhance
> > the projects productivity.
> >

> >> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]>

> >> for

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Ok thanks guys.
@Rudy, you are most welcome :)

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Rudy De Busscher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I think it is a very important spec, also for non-microprofile
> implementations as it can enhance the interoperability of all servers.
>
> I'm also very interested in the implementation (and want to help a bit with
> it also :) )
>
> regards
> Rudy
>

> On 2 February 2018 at 11:23, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > To clarify this even further:
> > The Geronimo Server is now officially dead.
> > But the Geronimo project is not. It alredy contains quite a few modular
> > parts which are reused in many ASF projects and also outside.
> > Examples is the geronimo-transaction-manager, geronimo-javamail,
> > geronimo-config, xbean-finder, etc
> >
> > Of course it would probably make sense to fold those 2 projects together,
> > as already discussed in the past.
> > I'm still all open to it, but I have an important criterium to fulfil:
> > If we move those portable parts to TomEE, then this would mean that TomEE
> > would become an 'Umbrella project'.
> > And further that we would need a new name for those portable parts.
> > They would effectively be mainatained by the TomEE community (which has a
> > big overlap with Geronimo anyway) but those parts must clearly be
> > recognized separately from TomEE.
> >
> > Otherwise people will assume that those parts only work within TomEE -
> > where in reality they would even work on WildFly or Liberty, etc. or
> even a
> > naked Tomcat.
> > Got me?
> >
> > We might e.g. brand them as 'TomEE Geronimo Spare Parts Department' :)
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > PS: I'd also love to keep the org.apache.geronimo package name to ease
> > backward compatibility.
> >

> > > Am 02.02.2018 um 11:08 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]
> > >:

> > > this is the case but geronimo is used as an umbrella project.

> > > exactly the goal and user usage AFAIK ;)
> > >
> > > long story short: we learnt from the past errors and since always the
> > same
> > > people work on these projects it is better to not split it accross N
> > > communities since
> > > it leads to a lot of efforts for these people. Having a single umbrella
> > > project with N subprojects reduces the administrative work etc and
> > enhance
> > > the projects productivity.

> > [hidden email]>

> spoke
> place

> > [hidden email]

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

agumbrecht
Added project stubs:
https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/microprofile

Andy.

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Mark Struberg-2
And what's that for?
Is there any behind the scene stuff going on at Tomitribe or can we finally get back to discussing such things on the Apache lists?
Before we go on I'd would first finish the discussion how we want to turn TomEE into an umbrella project or how the structure would be. And whether/how we want to integrate the modular Geronimo parts into one project or not.
Parts of the components skeletons you just created do already exist at the ASF.
LieGrue,strub

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

agumbrecht
"Parts of the components skeletons you just created"

They're just logically named empty modules for pending work?

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Romain Manni-Bucau
No Andy, as mentionned in the discussion Geronimo hosts the microprofile
@asf. This is why jwt should probably be done in geronimo which is the asf
ee related project umbrella.

I understand it is not the most convenient for tomitribe which probably
perfers to own the full project(s) but as a foundation member I d really
like to not let company details pollute projects.

Also the discussion made clear to not do it in current repo whatever
project is used as umbrella so we should revert that and finish the
discussion before any action to not kill tomee project by a hard company
driven management making it no more in the OSS spirit.

Le 12 févr. 2018 21:14, "Andy Gumbrecht" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> "Parts of the components skeletons you just created"
>
> They're just logically named empty modules for pending work?
>

> On 12/02/18 20:42, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> And what's that for?
>>
>> Is there any behind the scene stuff going on at Tomitribe or can we
>> finally get back to discussing such things on the Apache lists?
>>
>> Before we go on I'd would first finish the discussion how we want to turn
>> TomEE into an umbrella project or how the structure would be. And
>> whether/how we want to integrate the modular Geronimo parts into one
>> project or not.
>>
>> Parts of the components skeletons you just created do already exist at
>> the ASF.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> On Monday, 12 February 2018, 20:22:53 CET, Andy Gumbrecht <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Added project stubs:
>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/microprofile
>>
>> Andy.
>>

>> On 05/02/18 11:17, Jean-Louis Monteiro wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Ok thanks guys.
>> > @Rudy, you are most welcome :)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> > http://www.tomitribe.com
>> >
>> > On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Rudy De Busscher <
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

>> with

>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

>> modular

>> together,
>> TomEE
>> has a

>> umbrella

>> in

>> --
>> Andy Gumbrecht
>> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>>
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>> https://www.tomitribe.io
>>

>> Ubique
>>

> --
> Andy Gumbrecht
> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> http://www.tomitribe.com
> https://www.tomitribe.io
>

> Ubique

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

agumbrecht
Reverted.

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

agumbrecht
Any issues let me know and I'll fix tomorrow - not staying up for the
buildbot.

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:20 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> No Andy, as mentionned in the discussion Geronimo hosts the microprofile
> @asf. This is why jwt should probably be done in geronimo which is the asf
> ee related project umbrella.

I don't recall that discussion. Where did it take place?

> I understand it is not the most convenient for tomitribe which probably
> perfers to own the full project(s) but as a foundation member I d really
> like to not let company details pollute projects

> Also the discussion made clear to not do it in current repo whatever
> project is used as umbrella so we should revert that and finish the
> discussion before any action to not kill tomee project by a hard company
> driven management making it no more in the OSS spirit.

I agree the discussion should happen first, and I note that the change has
been reverted. I recall that we agreed on this list that we'd create new
git projects for Sheldon and Chatterbox under the TomEE umbrella. Should
other components sit under TomEE, I imagine that they would follow the same
pattern - i.e. discuss first, agree location, create repo or move things
around as appropriate.

I don't know what your specific issues are here, but I think you are making
some assumptions that are simply not true.

Jon

> Le 12 févr. 2018 21:14, "Andy Gumbrecht" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > "Parts of the components skeletons you just created"
> >
> > They're just logically named empty modules for pending work?
> >

> > On 12/02/18 20:42, Mark Struberg wrote:
> >
> >> And what's that for?
> >>
> >> Is there any behind the scene stuff going on at Tomitribe or can we
> >> finally get back to discussing such things on the Apache lists?
> >>
> >> Before we go on I'd would first finish the discussion how we want to
> turn
> >> TomEE into an umbrella project or how the structure would be. And
> >> whether/how we want to integrate the modular Geronimo parts into one
> >> project or not.
> >>
> >> Parts of the components skeletons you just created do already exist at
> >> the ASF.
> >>
> >> LieGrue,
> >> strub
> >>

> >> On Monday, 12 February 2018, 20:22:53 CET, Andy Gumbrecht <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>

> >> Added project stubs:
> >> https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/microprofile
> >>
> >> Andy.

> >> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> servers.

> bit
> >> with

> >> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

> >> modular

> >> together,
> fulfil:
> >> TomEE
> >> has a

> TomEE -

> :)

> ease

> the
> >> umbrella

> implemented
> >> in

> >> --
> >> Andy Gumbrecht
> >> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> >>
> >> http://www.tomitribe.com
> >>
> >> https://www.tomitribe.io
> >>

> >> Ubique
> >>

> > --
> > Andy Gumbrecht
> > https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > https://www.tomitribe.io
> >

> > Ubique

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Mark Struberg-2
Well, let's be a bit more specific.
a.)
No, Geronimo of course does not have have a monopoly on creating microprofile implementations at the ASF. Nor does TomEE.
Geronimo a good place for reusable JavaEE parts though. And G started to implement Microprofile specifications 2 years ago already. There is already quite a lot in existence over there. You really should take a look over the fence.

Instead of duplicating the work which is already done I would prefer if some folks would help with more important tasks. E.g. finally finishing TomEE8. Romain and I have so far been the ONLY ones working on that effort for the whole last year.
b.) > I understand it is not the most convenient for tomitribe which probably
> perfers to own the full project(s) Tomitribe itself does not own TomEE nor created it, etc.The actual core part of TomEE (OpenEJB) is acually only a fraction of what the whole project is.It's an excellent aggregator project. But if you count in all the other parts which were needed to create TomEE7 and 8, then the whole sum is about 20 times the size of openejb: tomcat, openwebbeans, bval, johnzon, geronimo-tx, geronimo-javamail, geronimo-specs, cxf, activemq, openjpa, MyFaces, etc etc Each of those projects has at

c.) There have been a lot of talks about moving the reusable parts of Geronimo under the umbrella of the TomEE project. That would be perfectly fine. But I iterate it once again. There are 2 tasks to do before we can go on:
1.) TomEE needs to become an umbrella project2.) the name of the reusable components must be clearly separated from the TomEE Application Server.Otherwise TomEE will hit the same problems like Geronimo and MyFaces had - that people would not identify those components as being totally independent of the TomEE application server and separately usable.

LieGrue,strub

écrit :

> "Parts of the components skeletons you just created"
>
> They're just logically named empty modules for pending work?
>

> On 12/02/18 20:42, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> And what's that for?
>>
>> Is there any behind the scene stuff going on at Tomitribe or can we
>> finally get back to discussing such things on the Apache lists?
>>
>> Before we go on I'd would first finish the discussion how we want to turn
>> TomEE into an umbrella project or how the structure would be. And
>> whether/how we want to integrate the modular Geronimo parts into one
>> project or not.
>>
>> Parts of the components skeletons you just created do already exist at
>> the ASF.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> On Monday, 12 February 2018, 20:22:53 CET, Andy Gumbrecht <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Added project stubs:
>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/microprofile
>>
>> Andy.
>>

>> On 05/02/18 11:17, Jean-Louis Monteiro wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Ok thanks guys.
>> > @Rudy, you are most welcome :)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
>> > http://www.tomitribe.com
>> >
>> > On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Rudy De Busscher <
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

>> with

>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

>> modular

>> together,
>> TomEE
>> has a

>> umbrella

>> in

>> --
>> Andy Gumbrecht
>> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
>>
>> http://www.tomitribe.com
>>
>> https://www.tomitribe.io
>>

>> Ubique
>>

> --
> Andy Gumbrecht
> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> http://www.tomitribe.com
> https://www.tomitribe.io
>

> Ubique

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

jgallimore
I'll apologize for not doing more on TomEE 8. But that is simply a time
thing, and not a Tomitribe thing. I still owe a fixed build on master
(which I am working on tonight) and forward porting the latest master
patches to the EE8 branch. That work is not forgotten, just has to be
fitted in with everything else.

I'm not sure where your Tomitribe-related assumptions are coming from, and
they do not seem accurate or fair. My opinion, is my opinion, and it should
still count, irrespective of who employs me. I think the commit was simply
an error, and not a deliberate attempt to circumvent conversation.

Jon

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:44 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]

> écrit :
>
> > "Parts of the components skeletons you just created"
> >
> > They're just logically named empty modules for pending work?
> >

> > On 12/02/18 20:42, Mark Struberg wrote:
> >
> >> And what's that for?
> >>
> >> Is there any behind the scene stuff going on at Tomitribe or can we
> >> finally get back to discussing such things on the Apache lists?
> >>
> >> Before we go on I'd would first finish the discussion how we want to
> turn
> >> TomEE into an umbrella project or how the structure would be. And
> >> whether/how we want to integrate the modular Geronimo parts into one
> >> project or not.
> >>
> >> Parts of the components skeletons you just created do already exist at
> >> the ASF.
> >>
> >> LieGrue,
> >> strub
> >>

> >> On Monday, 12 February 2018, 20:22:53 CET, Andy Gumbrecht <

I find the discussions and working on TomEE have become tedious,
contentious, unrewarding and fruitless in order to continue working on
the project in my free time. That'd be why I've not contributed
recently, but not speaking for others of course. I wasn't actually
trying to start any implementations there, rather integration modules
(I'd started to test geronimo config for example). And yes, I guess I
avoided the conversation at my own fault. It'll not happen again, I'm
done with it. So please feel free to carry on. Me personally, I only get
annoyed when something gets trashed. Nothing was done in any Tomitribe
capacity this evening, but those accusations are pretty commonplace now.
I would point the 'killing' and 'ownership' finger in another direction.
I see efforts have obviously been directed away from TomEE to the
benefit of other projects and detriment of TomEE, and you know I'm not
talking about geronimo. Anyways, no problem. Not going to get stressed
about it. Have fun.

Andy.

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

Mark Struberg-2
It seems we all got hit on the wrong foot in some ways.
Why not take the chance to learn something and make it better.
For me: I should have asked what this is about instead of assuming something which looked clear from my pov. Seems I was wrong.
@Andy what about creating a ticket on the issue tracker which explains what you are about to do? Just 2 sentences should be enough. Then everything will be much more clear.

 LieGrue,strub

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io

Ubique

Re: Implementing Microprofile JWT

David Blevins-2
> On Feb 12, 2018, at 1:45 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It seems we all got hit on the wrong foot in some ways.
> Why not take the chance to learn something and make it better.
> For me: I should have asked what this is about instead of assuming something which looked clear from my pov. Seems I was wrong.
> @Andy what about creating a ticket on the issue tracker which explains what you are about to do? Just 2 sentences should be enough. Then everything will be much more clear.

Thank you, Mark, for the patient response.

Let's do better

Ok, community, we have to have another quick talk and then hopefully we can go back to being awesome.

This thread got very negative and bares a striking resemblance to the "Suffocating Development Environment" thread from the June 27th incident.  Yes, I've written about it enough times in the board reports that I have the date memorized.  What I've written is mostly positive and been praised by the board for our handling of a hard situation.  You're all making a liar out of me. :)

I was delicate in the first situation, but now I have to be a bit more direct.

In the June 27th incident we had Andy committing code, Romain reverting it, the two exchanging insults for one hour till Andy quit complaining that he's working in his spare time implies Romain is killing the project.  Mark joins attempting to take some heat off of Romain.  Jon joins attempting to be as neutral as possible.  In the end both Mark and Jon apologize.  Andy's code stays reverted.

In this incident Andy committed code. Mark and Romain begin arguing. Insults are exchanged for one hour till Andy quits complaining that he's working in his spare time and implies Romain is killing the project.  Jon joins attempting to be as neutral as possible.  In the end both Mark and Jon apologize.  Andy's code stays reverted.  This time it's all Tomitribe's fault.

Am I the only one to notice a pattern?  That pattern is not one person's fault.  The pattern is we are behaving like children.

This will not get better if each of us is expecting the other guy to change.  If your only response to this email is find flaws in others, I guarantee nothing will get better.

Mark, you got there in the end which is great.  You pointed out something you could have done better and something Andy could do better.  That's the right pattern.  People are much more willing to accept feedback when they see you're also willing to accept it.

We need to get there sooner next time and we need more than one person doing it.

So with all that said, how do we turn this into an awesome learning experience that makes us stronger?

-David

123