Implementing MicroProfile 3.0

I have created a branch named TOMEE-2689_MicroProfile3.0 where I have
upgraded all API's (and therefor TCK) in order to match MicroProfile 3.0.

Here is the diff
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=commitdiff;h=83812d23512b2ab269435d21962f14202f281912;hp=66230480e1858fed3174c25fa33de58ee93872fe

Obviously, the TCKs aren't passing anymore because we would need to upgrade
some of our code.

There is metrics, opentracing, health, rest-client and openapi to implement
or upgrade.

I'll be starting but I would take any help.

Re: Implementing MicroProfile 3.0

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi JL

AFAIK the missing impl are mainly fault tolerance 2 (which adds
completionstage support we already have), opentracing 1.3 (which is sadly
just minor fixes compared to others and no opentracing upgrade IIRC), and
metrics 2 (which mainly split counters in 2 entities). Other specs are
ready I think.

Do you have different inputs or challenges?

The main challenge we are facing as an implementer is to limit user impacts
if possible (we dont want to force users to rewrite their app each year so
we mitigate it when not made too hard by microprofile).

Le lun. 23 sept. 2019 à 02:00, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have created a branch named TOMEE-2689_MicroProfile3.0 where I have
> upgraded all API's (and therefor TCK) in order to match MicroProfile 3.0.
>
> Here is the diff
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=commitdiff;h=83812d23512b2ab269435d21962f14202f281912;hp=66230480e1858fed3174c25fa33de58ee93872fe
>
> Obviously, the TCKs aren't passing anymore because we would need to
> upgrade some of our code.
>
> There is metrics, opentracing, health, rest-client and openapi to
> implement or upgrade.
>
> I'll be starting but I would take any help.
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Implementing MicroProfile 3.0

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
All right, created this one for health
I have a fix for a bug in the way we handle producer

Since we upgraded to health 2.0 and there are some breaking changes, I have
bumped up the version to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

I don't have the carma to change JIRA and update the version accordingly so
I have assigned the issues to version Health_1.0.3
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO/fixforversion/12346154>

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 11:00 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi JL
>
> AFAIK the missing impl are mainly fault tolerance 2 (which adds
> completionstage support we already have), opentracing 1.3 (which is sadly
> just minor fixes compared to others and no opentracing upgrade IIRC), and
> metrics 2 (which mainly split counters in 2 entities). Other specs are
> ready I think.
>
> Do you have different inputs or challenges?
>
> The main challenge we are facing as an implementer is to limit user impacts
> if possible (we dont want to force users to rewrite their app each year so
> we mitigate it when not made too hard by microprofile).
>

> Le lun. 23 sept. 2019 à 02:00, Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a branch named TOMEE-2689_MicroProfile3.0 where I have
> > upgraded all API's (and therefor TCK) in order to match MicroProfile 3.0.
> >
> > Here is the diff
> >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=commitdiff;h=83812d23512b2ab269435d21962f14202f281912;hp=66230480e1858fed3174c25fa33de58ee93872fe
> >
> > Obviously, the TCKs aren't passing anymore because we would need to
> > upgrade some of our code.
> >
> > There is metrics, opentracing, health, rest-client and openapi to
> > implement or upgrade.
> >
> > I'll be starting but I would take any help.
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Louis Monteiro
> > http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> > http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: Implementing MicroProfile 3.0

Romain Manni-Bucau
Awesome JL.

Do you have some details about the breaking changes?