How can I help?

Vahram Papazyan
Hi, I'm an entry-level Java Developer. A couple of days ago saw Daniel
Dias' tweet that you need translators for TomEE documentation. I'm fluent
in Russian so decided to offer my help to translate it into Russian. I have
one published article in a popular Russian speaking blog(itvdn), the link
is attached to my mail. The main reason I want to do it is that I think
it's very important to have a contribution to the improvement of my
profession.

My article - https://itvdn.com/ru/blog/article/imp-clr

P.S. I will work slow as I'm very busy now

Regards,
Vahram

Re: How can I help?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hello Vahram!

Welcome to the community! Glad to hear from a contributor who knows the
Russian language!

We have prepared some materials to help people like you who are new to
TomEE at the following link:
http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html

Documentation translation is a great opportunity for new contributions. I
don't think we have any transitions into Russian, so you will be breaking
new ground!
Check for instance these tickets for Portuguese and Spanish.  Doing the
same thing in Russian would be a good way to start!  I don't think you need
to have a ticket to get started.

Portuguese :

Spanish :

Here are some Additional TomEE website development resources:
https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/

When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various tickets
that are still unassigned. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
in the mailing list before, during and after your first contribution!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues

Again, Welcome!

Richard

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I help?

Cesar Hernandez
Wellcome Vahram.

El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hello Vahram!
>
> Welcome to the community! Glad to hear from a contributor who knows the
> Russian language!
>
> We have prepared some materials to help people like you who are new to
> TomEE at the following link:
> http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html
>
> Documentation translation is a great opportunity for new contributions. I
> don't think we have any transitions into Russian, so you will be breaking
> new ground!
> Check for instance these tickets for Portuguese and Spanish.  Doing the
> same thing in Russian would be a good way to start!  I don't think you need
> to have a ticket to get started.
>
> Portuguese :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2473
>
> Spanish :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2442
>
> Here are some Additional TomEE website development resources:
> https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/
>
> When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various tickets
> that are still unassigned. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
> in the mailing list before, during and after your first contribution!
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
>
> Again, Welcome!
>
> Richard
>
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:29 PM Vahram Papazyan <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm an entry-level Java Developer. A couple of days ago saw Daniel
> > Dias' tweet that you need translators for TomEE documentation. I'm fluent
> > in Russian so decided to offer my help to translate it into Russian. I
> have
> > one published article in a popular Russian speaking blog(itvdn), the link
> > is attached to my mail. The main reason I want to do it is that I think
> > it's very important to have a contribution to the improvement of my
> > profession.
> >
> > My article - https://itvdn.com/ru/blog/article/imp-clr
> >

> > P.S. I will work slow as I'm very busy now
> >

> > Regards,
> > Vahram
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

César Hernández.

Re: How can I help?

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Welcome  Vahram   :  )

Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 18:33, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Wellcome Vahram.
>

> El mié., 8 ene. 2020 a las 14:38, Richard Monson-Haefel (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > Hello Vahram!
> >
> > Welcome to the community! Glad to hear from a contributor who knows the
> > Russian language!
> >
> > We have prepared some materials to help people like you who are new to
> > TomEE at the following link:
> > http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html
> >
> > Documentation translation is a great opportunity for new contributions. I
> > don't think we have any transitions into Russian, so you will be breaking
> > new ground!
> > Check for instance these tickets for Portuguese and Spanish.  Doing the
> > same thing in Russian would be a good way to start!  I don't think you
> need
> > to have a ticket to get started.
> >
> > Portuguese :
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2473
> >
> > Spanish :
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2442
> >
> > Here are some Additional TomEE website development resources:
> > https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/
> >
> > When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various
> tickets
> > that are still unassigned. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like
> > in the mailing list before, during and after your first contribution!
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
> >
> > Again, Welcome!
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:29 PM Vahram Papazyan <

> > > Hi, I'm an entry-level Java Developer. A couple of days ago saw Daniel
> > > Dias' tweet that you need translators for TomEE documentation. I'm
> fluent
> > > in Russian so decided to offer my help to translate it into Russian. I
> > have
> > > one published article in a popular Russian speaking blog(itvdn), the
> link
> > > is attached to my mail. The main reason I want to do it is that I think
> > > it's very important to have a contribution to the improvement of my
> > > profession.
> > >
> > > My article - https://itvdn.com/ru/blog/article/imp-clr
> > >

> > > P.S. I will work slow as I'm very busy now
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Vahram
> > >

> > --
> > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
> >

> --
> Atentamente:
> César Hernández.

Re: How can I help?

Marco Ferreira
Welcome board Vahram!!!

--
AAte

Atenciosamente,

Marco Ferreira
[image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
<https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>

Re: How can I help?

Vahram Papazyan
Thank You All !!!

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 6:26 PM Marco Ferreira <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome board Vahram!!!
>
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 08:51, Daniel Dias Dos Santos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Welcome  Vahram   :  )
> >

> > Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 18:33, Cesar Hernandez <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > escreveu:
> >
> > > Wellcome Vahram.

> the

> http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html

> > contributions. I
> > breaking
> the
> you
> > > need

> https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/

> > > tickets
> > like
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues

> > > [hidden email]

> > Daniel
> > > fluent
> Russian.
> the
> > > link
> > think

> > > --
> > > Atentamente:
> > > César Hernández.
> > >

> --
> AAte
>
> Atenciosamente,
>
> Marco Ferreira
> [image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
> <
> https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api

Re: How can I help?

Vahram Papazyan
Hi, I'm thinking of starting translations form chapters "Installation",
"IDE". What do you think about it?

Vahram

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 8:01 PM Vahram Papazyan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank You All !!!
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 6:26 PM Marco Ferreira <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Welcome board Vahram!!!
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 08:51, Daniel Dias Dos Santos <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Welcome  Vahram   :  )
>> >

>> > Em qua., 8 de jan. de 2020 às 18:33, Cesar Hernandez <
>> [hidden email]

>> the

>> http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html

>> > contributions. I
>> > breaking
>> the
>> you

>> https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/

>> > like
>> contribution!
>> > > >

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues

>> > Daniel
>> Russian.
>> the
>> > think
>> my

>> --
>> AAte
>>
>> Atenciosamente,
>>
>> Marco Ferreira
>> [image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
>> <
>> https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api

Re: How can I help?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi Vahram,

I think that is a great idea!   Have at it - unless someone else objects.

Richard