How can I help?

Willes Reis
Hi, I am Willes, 40 years old, living in São Paulo - Brazil and interested
in working with coding, fix typos in site or documentation. I have skills
in Java platform, web technologies (Javascript Frameworks) and others. I am
passion for fix troubleshooting, refactoring, level up implementations
better, keep it cleaner and readable.

Re: How can I help?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi Willes!

Welcome to the TomEE open source project!  It's always great to have
another Brazillian in the community!

Have you taken a look at this page
http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html .
When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various tickets
that are still unassigned.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
.
If you find something you are interested in just send an email to this list
saying that you would like to work on it.

If you don't have much experience with open source let me know. I've
written a few articles about getting the source code and using JIRA that
might be helpful but won't if you already have worked with these
things before.

All the best!

Richard

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I help?

Daniel Dias Dos Santos
Hi Willes,

fantastic to see other friend brazilian here. : )
--
Daniel Dias dos Santos
Java Developer

Em ter, 25 de jun de 2019 às 21:49, Richard Monson-Haefel
<[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Willes!
>
> Welcome to the TomEE open source project!  It's always great to have
> another Brazillian in the community!
>
> Have you taken a look at this page
> http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html .
> When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various tickets
> that are still unassigned.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
> .
> If you find something you are interested in just send an email to this list
> saying that you would like to work on it.
>
> If you don't have much experience with open source let me know. I've
> written a few articles about getting the source code and using JIRA that
> might be helpful but won't if you already have worked with these
> things before.
>
> All the best!
>
> Richard
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM Willes Reis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am Willes, 40 years old, living in São Paulo - Brazil and interested
> > in working with coding, fix typos in site or documentation. I have skills
> > in Java platform, web technologies (Javascript Frameworks) and others. I am
> > passion for fix troubleshooting, refactoring, level up implementations
> > better, keep it cleaner and readable.
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I help?

Willes Reis
Hi all,

Thanks Richard and Daniel for your welcoming.

As recommended, I have been reading the "Contribution Tips", furthermore
the "Contribution Workflow", "Apache Sources", "Security" and "Download".
I already did clone the project and I am exploring it.

If I can make a remark...
I am a bit confused about the versions of projects, therefore we could have
in TomEE site, a further information about the target for each project
version?
Thereby, when we know until which version goes each goal?

Another remark is, when somebody ask a general question to this mail list,
may be lost, for both old and new users. For olds, due to forgetfulness and
for news, due to past messages.
Thereby, it will be possible have a FAQ area or anything similar?

What do you think?

Willes

Em qua, 26 de jun de 2019 às 10:12, Daniel Dias Dos Santos <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Hi Willes,
>
> fantastic to see other friend brazilian here. : )
> --
> Daniel Dias dos Santos
> Java Developer
> SouJava & JCP Member
> GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
> Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava
>
> Em ter, 25 de jun de 2019 às 21:49, Richard Monson-Haefel
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > Hi Willes!
> >
> > Welcome to the TomEE open source project!  It's always great to have
> > another Brazillian in the community!
> >
> > Have you taken a look at this page
> > http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html .
> > When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various
> tickets
> > that are still unassigned.
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
> > .
> > If you find something you are interested in just send an email to this
> list
> > saying that you would like to work on it.
> >
> > If you don't have much experience with open source let me know. I've
> > written a few articles about getting the source code and using JIRA that
> > might be helpful but won't if you already have worked with these
> > things before.
> >
> > All the best!
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM Willes Reis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I am Willes, 40 years old, living in São Paulo - Brazil and
> interested
> > > in working with coding, fix typos in site or documentation. I have
> skills
> > > in Java platform, web technologies (Javascript Frameworks) and others.
> I am
> > > passion for fix troubleshooting, refactoring, level up implementations
> > > better, keep it cleaner and readable.
> > >

> > --
> > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I help?

Cesar Hernandez
Hi Willes,
Thanks much for opening this conversation.

Replying inline:

I am a bit confused about the versions of projects, therefore we could have
> in TomEE site, a further information about the target for each project
> version? Thereby, when we know until which version goes each goal?

What exactly do you mean by "each project version" and "..which version
goes each goal"?
Are you referring to each maven module that is part of
https://github.com/apache/tomee folder structure? or
Are you referring to the different flavors of TomEE
http://tomee.apache.org/comparison.html?

Another remark is, when somebody ask a general question to this mail
> list,may be lost, for both old and new users. For olds, due to
> forgetfulness andfor news, due to past messages.Thereby, it will be
> possible have a FAQ area or anything similar?

+1 to the idea of having a FAQ in the website, I would suggest to add it on
the community section: http://tomee.apache.org/community/index.html. In
case you want to open a PR for this FAQ page, then the tomee-site generator
project is the one you will need to look:
https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/  and
https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/

About the Past Messages, both the user and dev mailing list are publicly
archived: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@...

El jue., 27 jun. 2019 a las 19:45, Willes Reis (<[hidden email]>)
escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Richard and Daniel for your welcoming.
>
> As recommended, I have been reading the "Contribution Tips", furthermore
> the "Contribution Workflow", "Apache Sources", "Security" and "Download".
> I already did clone the project and I am exploring it.
>
> If I can make a remark...
> I am a bit confused about the versions of projects, therefore we could have
> in TomEE site, a further information about the target for each project
> version?
> Thereby, when we know until which version goes each goal?
>
> Another remark is, when somebody ask a general question to this mail list,
> may be lost, for both old and new users. For olds, due to forgetfulness and
> for news, due to past messages.
> Thereby, it will be possible have a FAQ area or anything similar?
>
> What do you think?
>
> Willes
>
> Em qua, 26 de jun de 2019 às 10:12, Daniel Dias Dos Santos <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Willes,
> >
> > fantastic to see other friend brazilian here. : )
> > --
> > Daniel Dias dos Santos
> > Java Developer
> > SouJava & JCP Member
> > GitHub: https://github.com/Daniel-Dos
> > Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/danieldiasjava
> > Twitter: http://twitter.com/danieldiasjava
> >
> > Em ter, 25 de jun de 2019 às 21:49, Richard Monson-Haefel
> > <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> > >
> > > Hi Willes!
> > >
> > > Welcome to the TomEE open source project!  It's always great to have
> > > another Brazillian in the community!
> > >
> > > Have you taken a look at this page
> > > http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/contribution-tips.html
> .
> > > When you are ready you can go to JIRA and look through the various
> > tickets
> > > that are still unassigned.
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/issues/TOMEE-2496?filter=allopenissues
> > > .
> > > If you find something you are interested in just send an email to this
> > list
> > > saying that you would like to work on it.
> > >
> > > If you don't have much experience with open source let me know. I've
> > > written a few articles about getting the source code and using JIRA
> that
> > > might be helpful but won't if you already have worked with these
> > > things before.
> > >
> > > All the best!
> > >
> > > Richard

> > interested
> > skills
> others.
> > I am
> implementations
> > > >

> > > --
> > > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

César Hernández.

Re: How can I help?

Willes Reis
Hi Cesar, thanks for pay attention.

Replying below ...

>What exactly do you mean by "each project version" and "..which version
>goes each goal"?
When I asked "... we could have in TomEE site, a further information about
the target for each project version?", I meant tomee versions between 7.0,
7.1 and 8.0. Would be the same page
http://tomee.apache.org/comparison.html showing
implementations by version. Eg. tomee-7.0 (JSP v1, JSF v2, ...) / tomee-7.1
(JSP v2, JSF v3, ...) / tomee-8.0 (JSP v3, JSF v4, ...).
When I asked "... when we know until which version goes each goal?", I
meant if there is a strategy for control version (semantic version) of the
maven project, changing of major/minor version when is a fix or
enhancements and who does it (responsibility).

Talking about FAQ, I liked your suggestion to add it on community section.
I'd like contribute in this issue. I am going to read the references, but
probably, I will need help to better comprehension.

Thanks for link to Past Messages forum. I see that this is already a good
candidate to FAQ ;)

Thanks a lot!

Em ter, 2 de jul de 2019 às 13:12, Cesar Hernandez <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> [...]
> > I am a bit confused about the versions of projects, therefore we could
> have
> > in TomEE site, a further information about the target for each project
> > version?
> > Thereby, when we know until which version goes each goal?
> >
> > Another remark is, when somebody ask a general question to this mail
> list,
> > may be lost, for both old and new users. For olds, due to forgetfulness
> and
> > for news, due to past messages.
> > Thereby, it will be possible have a FAQ area or anything similar?
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Willes
> >
> > Em qua, 26 de jun de 2019 às 10:12, Daniel Dias Dos Santos <
> > [hidden email]> escreveu:
> >
> > > Hi Willes,
> > >
> > > fantastic to see other friend brazilian here. : )

Re: How can I help?

Cesar Hernandez
Hi,
I recall bringing a slightly similar topic under the name of a Dependency
Matrix on the mailing list [1]
I created the following JIRA to make sure we don't lose track of this idea:

The JIRA es open and waiting for anyone who wants to take a shoot on this
idea and be assigned to the ticket.

[1] https://markmail.org/message/hyecgobctujdiyzo

César Hernández.