How can I contribute?

Venu Krishnan
Hello Team:

This is Venu from Toronto, Canada. Have been a TomEE user for quite
sometime and would like to learn more by contributing to it with open
source community, I have 10+ years of experience focused on backend
development in Java, JEE, Spring, webservices, middleware technologies in a
financial domain.

I have been a silent watcher of dev mailing list for sometime now and want
to introduce myself to team and start working with you all.

Apache open source projects are always inspiring and particularly TomEE
that I would like to start with.

Thanks and looking forward.

Regards

Re: How can I contribute?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Welcome, Venu!

A great place to start is on our contributor's tips page.  Read that and
when ready, ping the list for advice on what to work on.  Here is the link

http://tomee.apache.org/community/index.html

We're glad to have you on board!

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I contribute?

Venu Krishnan
Thanks Richard, have gone through the community wiki, downloaded source
code and built it.

Could you please advice me on what to work on. I see in other posts
advising to working micro profile examples(TOMEE-2285) for new comers, but
I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks
Venu

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 9:34 AM Richard Monson-Haefel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Welcome, Venu!
>
> A great place to start is on our contributor's tips page.  Read that and
> when ready, ping the list for advice on what to work on.  Here is the link
>
> http://tomee.apache.org/community/index.html
>
> We're glad to have you on board!
>
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 11:07 PM Venu Krishnan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Team:
> >
> > This is Venu from Toronto, Canada. Have been a TomEE user for quite
> > sometime and would like to learn more by contributing to it with open
> > source community, I have 10+ years of experience focused on backend
> > development in Java, JEE, Spring, webservices, middleware technologies
> in a
> > financial domain.
> >
> > I have been a silent watcher of dev mailing list for sometime now and
> want
> > to introduce myself to team and start working with you all.
> >
> > Apache open source projects are always inspiring and particularly TomEE
> > that I would like to start with.
> >
> > Thanks and looking forward.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I contribute?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi Everyone.  What should Venu work on? Can you give him some ideas?

https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I contribute?

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Hi Richard
He can start with adding comments to Java source files. There are documents
here, http://tomee.apache.org/dev/ which reflects Java files under tomee
source code. He can open an issue under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2450 as subtask (example :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2451)
Regards.
Gurkan

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:53 AM Richard Monson-Haefel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone.  What should Venu work on? Can you give him some ideas?
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 9:49 PM Venu Krishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Richard, have gone through the community wiki, downloaded source
> > code and built it.
> >
> > Could you please advice me on what to work on. I see in other posts
> > advising to working micro profile examples(TOMEE-2285) for new comers,
> but
> > I am open to any suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Venu
> >

> > On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 9:34 AM Richard Monson-Haefel <
> > [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Welcome, Venu!
> > >
> > > A great place to start is on our contributor's tips page.  Read that
> and
> > > when ready, ping the list for advice on what to work on.  Here is the
> > link
> > >
> > > http://tomee.apache.org/community/index.html
> > >
> > > We're glad to have you on board!

> technologies
> > > in a

> > > want

> TomEE

> > > --
> > > Richard Monson-Haefel
> > > https://twitter.com/rmonson
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/
> > >

> --
> Richard Monson-Haefel
> https://twitter.com/rmonson
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I contribute?

Richard Monson-Haefel
Thanks, Gurkan!  Venu, please follow up with Gurkan or on this mailing list
if you have more questions. Looking forward to hearing from you on your
progress!

https://twitter.com/rmonson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/monsonhaefel/

Re: How can I contribute?

Venu Krishnan
Sure thanks, let me take a look and get back.