Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

jgallimore
Hi

As discussed here:
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-tp4683480p4683612.html

I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.

I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and have
a Git repository for that too.

Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.

Thanks

Jon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1

Side questions:

1. did we already try contributing to wtp?
2. How to expose an update site at asf?

Le 19 mars 2018 13:19, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi
>
> As discussed here:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-
> tp4683480p4683612.html
>
> I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.
>
> I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
> OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and have
> a Git repository for that too.
>
> Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
> tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
+1

Le 19 mars 2018 13:26, "Romain Manni-Bucau" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

+1

Side questions:

1. did we already try contributing to wtp?
2. How to expose an update site at asf?

Le 19 mars 2018 13:19, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi
>
> As discussed here:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-
> tp4683480p4683612.html
>
> I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.
>
> I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
> OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and
have
> a Git repository for that too.
>
> Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
> tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>
   --
    Jean-Louis Monteiro
    http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
    http://www.tomitribe.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

jgallimore
In reply to this post by Romain Manni-Bucau
1. We haven't. WTP functionality makes up about 50% of the plugin. It could
be that the other 50% is no use to anyone, although it did have some users
in the past. I'd like to at least work on it, and I'm ok if that is back in
the sandbox. If that then moves to WTP, because that's best in the long
run, that is cool with me.

2. I can't remember the mechanics of it, but we did manage it at one point
- effectively the update site is an extracted zip, and that zip is a
voted-upon artifact.

Cheers

Jon

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 12:26 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Side questions:
>
> 1. did we already try contributing to wtp?
> 2. How to expose an update site at asf?
>
> Le 19 mars 2018 13:19, "Jonathan Gallimore" <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Hi
> >
> > As discussed here:
> > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-
> > tp4683480p4683612.html
> >
> > I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.
> >
> > I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
> > OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and
> have
> > a Git repository for that too.
> >
> > Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
> > tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jon
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

agumbrecht
In reply to this post by jgallimore
+1 go for it!


On 19/03/18 13:19, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> Hi
>
> As discussed here:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-tp4683480p4683612.html
>
> I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.
>
> I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
> OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and have
> a Git repository for that too.
>
> Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
> tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
http://www.tomitribe.com
https://www.tomitribe.io


Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

Romain Manni-Bucau
In reply to this post by jgallimore
2018-03-19 14:48 GMT+01:00 Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>
:

> 1. We haven't. WTP functionality makes up about 50% of the plugin. It could
> be that the other 50% is no use to anyone, although it did have some users
> in the past. I'd like to at least work on it, and I'm ok if that is back in
> the sandbox. If that then moves to WTP, because that's best in the long
> run, that is cool with me.
>

Let's do it this way then (tomee then propose @wtp) rather than the
opposite since we have no entry point yet and are in minority for now.
Can be interesting to compete the idea integration which is promoted as
complete but not as much as your plugin ;).


>
> 2. I can't remember the mechanics of it, but we did manage it at one point
> - effectively the update site is an extracted zip, and that zip is a
> voted-upon artifact.
>

I thought - can be wrong - it was using svn which is now highly not
encouraged but anyway if we can make it it would ease the usage (but can be
done after a few releases).


>
> Cheers
>
> Jon
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 12:26 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Side questions:
> >
> > 1. did we already try contributing to wtp?
> > 2. How to expose an update site at asf?
> >
> > Le 19 mars 2018 13:19, "Jonathan Gallimore" <
> [hidden email]>
> > a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > As discussed here:
> > > http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-
> > > tp4683480p4683612.html
> > >
> > > I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.
> > >
> > > I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
> > > OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and
> > have
> > > a Git repository for that too.
> > >
> > > Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
> > > tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Jon
> > >
> >
>