Fwd: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects

Fwd: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi All...
Just yesterday I was reading about ObjectWeb EasyBeans, and I felt Jealous actually, why not to support the OSGi architecture specially when Geronimo is interested in this subject too, I started to read about the OSGi architecture and subscribed to the Felix mailing lists to get to know about this platform. Currently I have no concrete ideas about how to do it in OEJB but I sent this mail to report the idea and give us the opportunity to discuss more about it.
Thanks and best regards...
Mohammad Nour El-Din

Re: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects

Dain Sundstrom
I don't know who keeps keeps saying that Geronimo is switching to
OSGI but there has been no discussion on the Geronimo mailing list
about it.

-dain

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:18 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Just yesterday I was reading about ObjectWeb EasyBeans, and I felt
> Jealous
> actually, why not to support the OSGi architecture specially when
> Geronimo
> is interested in this subject too, I started to read about the OSGi
> architecture and subscribed to the Felix mailing lists to get to
> know about
> this platform. Currently I have no concrete ideas about how to do
> it in OEJB
> but I sent this mail to report the idea and give us the opportunity to
> discuss more about it.
>
> Thanks and best regards...
> Mohammad Nour El-Din

Re: Re: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects

Mohammad Nour El-Din
Hi Dain...
Sorry for saying something that was wrong, but this what *Piero Campanelli* mentioned in his mail below. And I was interested in investigating applying the idea on OEJB not Geronimo.

On 9/11/06, Dain Sundstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know who keeps keeps saying that Geronimo is switching to
OSGI but there has been no discussion on the Geronimo mailing list
about it.

-dain

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:18 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Just yesterday I was reading about ObjectWeb EasyBeans, and I felt
> Jealous
> actually, why not to support the OSGi architecture specially when
> Geronimo
> is interested in this subject too, I started to read about the OSGi
> architecture and subscribed to the Felix mailing lists to get to
> know about
> this platform. Currently I have no concrete ideas about how to do
> it in OEJB
> but I sent this mail to report the idea and give us the opportunity to
> discuss more about it.
>
> Thanks and best regards...
> Mohammad Nour El-Din

Exactly that was my point when I had asked about it on felix-dev.

Dain, you seem to have read the spec and could possibly explain some
bits. Is there any way Geronimo or OpenEJB would benefit from
incorporating OSGi features? What would they be? Where would these
entry points be?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Re: Info on OSGi migration of Apache projects

Brett Porter-2
Folks,

It'd be helpful if you move this over to openejb-
[hidden email], which is where the original discussion was
I believe.

- Brett