Feedback on TomEE 1.7.1 - no "apps" directory, but mentioned in deployment docs?

Feedback on TomEE 1.7.1 - no "apps" directory, but mentioned in deployment docs?

Rick R
I'm confused, the documentation
http://tomee.apache.org/deploying-in-tomee.html says you can deploy an ear
to the apps directory, yet in the unzipped versions of both tomee and tomee
plus non exists? Do I just manually create one?

If you do need to manually create one, then I think the docs should mention
that?

Docs mention:
"Or you can simply package your application as a standard *WAR* file and
copy it to the *[TomEE]/webapps* folder, or as an *EAR* file and copy it to
the*[TomEE]/apps* folder."

Re: Feedback on TomEE 1.7.1 - no "apps" directory, but mentioned in deployment docs?

yes.

Point is if you open tomee.xml then you'll see the line allowing it is
commented and name can be changed to ears/ for instance

That said this is a valid complain. You can edit the doc with the
small pencil IIRC, would surely be more efficient if you do it since
you encountered this issue

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com