Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

fabian-a.richter

Hi,

I am migrating to TomEE 7.0.4 and our old TLS config in arquillian.xml is not working any longer, the property

property name="keystoreFile"

seems to be ignored completely now, and ~/.keystore used instead. What is the replacement? Where do I find documentation on arquillian.xml which is up to date for the TomEE embedded driver?

Thanks in advance and best

Fabian

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Fabian,

there is a bug for keystorefile, the property name is empty (
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/fb_tomee8/tomee/tomee-embedded/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/Container.java#L632),
feel free to submit a PR fixing that

Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 14:55, <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> I am migrating to TomEE 7.0.4 and our old TLS config in arquillian.xml is
> not working any longer, the property
>

> property name="keystoreFile"
>

> seems to be ignored completely now, and ~/.keystore used instead. What is
> the replacement? Where do I find documentation on arquillian.xml which is
> up to date for the TomEE embedded driver?
>

> Thanks in advance and best
>
> Fabian

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Hello
I created the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2196
Best
Gurkan

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> there is a bug for keystorefile, the property name is empty (
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/fb_tomee8/tomee/
> tomee-embedded/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/Container.java#L632
> ),
> feel free to submit a PR fixing that

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>
>

> Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 14:55, <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I am migrating to TomEE 7.0.4 and our old TLS config in arquillian.xml is
> > not working any longer, the property
> >

> > property name="keystoreFile"
> >

> > seems to be ignored completely now, and ~/.keystore used instead. What is
> > the replacement? Where do I find documentation on arquillian.xml which is
> > up to date for the TomEE embedded driver?
> >

> > Thanks in advance and best
> >
> > Fabian

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Also added patch :)

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
> I created the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2196
> Best
> Gurkan
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Fabian,
>>
>> there is a bug for keystorefile, the property name is empty (
>> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/fb_tomee8/tomee/tomee-
>> embedded/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/Container.java#L632),
>> feel free to submit a PR fixing that
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-
>> high-performance>
>>

>> Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 14:55, <[hidden email]> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > I am migrating to TomEE 7.0.4 and our old TLS config in arquillian.xml
>> is
>> > not working any longer, the property
>> >

>> > property name="keystoreFile"
>> >

>> > seems to be ignored completely now, and ~/.keystore used instead. What
>> is
>> > the replacement? Where do I find documentation on arquillian.xml which
>> is
>> > up to date for the TomEE embedded driver?
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance and best
>> >
>> > Fabian

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Romain Manni-Bucau
Misses a test (but looks good) and surely something to fix in
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/tomee/tomee-embedded/src/test/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/SslTomEETest.java
since it should have tested it

Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 15:39, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Also added patch :)
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I created the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2196
> > Best
> > Gurkan
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >
> >> Hi Fabian,
> >>
> >> there is a bug for keystorefile, the property name is empty (
> >> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/fb_tomee8/tomee/tomee-
> >> embedded/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/Container.java#L632),
> >> feel free to submit a PR fixing that
> >>
> >> Romain Manni-Bucau
> >> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> >> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> >> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
> >> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> >> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> >> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-
> >> high-performance>

> >> is

> >> is
> >> is

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Also added test patch.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Misses a test (but looks good) and surely something to fix in
> https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/tomee/tomee-
> embedded/src/test/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/SslTomEETest.java
> since it should have tested it

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>
>

> Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 15:39, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > Also added patch :)
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > > I created the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2196
> > > Best
> > > Gurkan
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> > [hidden email]

> Container.java#L632),

> arquillian.xml

> What
> which

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Romain Manni-Bucau
Looks good to me (if anyone wants to apply it otherwise I'll do it end of
the week)

Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 16:02, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Also added test patch.
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Misses a test (but looks good) and surely something to fix in
> > https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/tomee/tomee-
> > embedded/src/test/java/org/apache/tomee/embedded/SslTomEETest.java
> > since it should have tested it

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>
> >

> > Le lun. 18 juin 2018 à 15:39, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > > Also added patch :)

> > > [hidden email]

> > Container.java#L632),

> > arquillian.xml

> > What
> > which

Re: Embedded TomEE 7.0.4 and Arquillian and TLS

Mark Struberg-2
 will apply.
LieGrue,strub