Docker Images for TomEE 9.0

Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)
Hello all,

I have mentioned this a in the past, but I could use some discussion on the topic.

We are not generating tar.gz files for TomEE 9, we are only generating a zip file.  If I recall, the zip files do not contain any file ownership or permissions.  Therefore, I will need to set all of the owner ship and permissions in the Dockerfile.  If we are set on only creating the zip file, I can start on the new Dockerfile, but it will not look like the others.  I would rather not go through the work of creating something to use the zip file, only to have to revert it back to using the tar.gz later.

Thanks,
Rod.

Re: Docker Images for TomEE 9.0

David Blevins-2
> On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:10 PM, Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have mentioned this a in the past, but I could use some discussion on the topic.
>
> We are not generating tar.gz files for TomEE 9, we are only generating a zip file.  If I recall, the zip files do not contain any file ownership or permissions.  Therefore, I will need to set all of the owner ship and permissions in the Dockerfile.  If we are set on only creating the zip file, I can start on the new Dockerfile, but it will not look like the others.  I would rather not go through the work of creating something to use the zip file, only to have to revert it back to using the tar.gz later.

Thanks for the reminder, Rodney.  I agree, we should definitely start producing tar.gz files for our TomEE 9 milestones.

I'd say hold off on the Docker-specific fix and let's see if we can get some cycles to make that improvement.

Out of curiosity, do you intend to do any prototyping with TomEE 9?  You don't have to answer that, just curious if it's getting any traction with anyone as there's an ongoing thread about potentially changing the master branch from javax to jakarta.

-David

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment