Dependencies of jstl implementation 1.2.5

Dependencies of jstl implementation 1.2.5

lazarkirchev
Hello,

I noticed that the current jstl implementation in TomEE master -
taglibs-standard-jstlel-1.2.5.jar - has dependencies to xalan 2.7.1. It is
declared as provided in its pom.xml, but in TomEE distribution it is not
included. Without it some scenarios throw NoClassDefFound exceptions for
classes from xalan, e.g. for org.apache.xml.XPath, etc.

Any plans to include xalan and xalan serializer in TomEE?

Kind regards,
Lazar

Re: Dependencies of jstl implementation 1.2.5

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Lazar,

are you able to list these scenarii?

Think we should push to get rid of xalan which creates more issues than it
solves today if we can.

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that the current jstl implementation in TomEE master -
> taglibs-standard-jstlel-1.2.5.jar - has dependencies to xalan 2.7.1. It is
> declared as provided in its pom.xml, but in TomEE distribution it is not
> included. Without it some scenarios throw NoClassDefFound exceptions for
> classes from xalan, e.g. for org.apache.xml.XPath, etc.
>
> Any plans to include xalan and xalan serializer in TomEE?
>
> Kind regards,
> Lazar

Re: Dependencies of jstl implementation 1.2.5

lazarkirchev
Hi Romain,

The Tag classes defined in org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml all
import XPath, so using any of them finishes with NoClassDefFound. I can
prepare a sample application.

Kind regards,
Lazar

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Lazar,
>
> are you able to list these scenarii?
>
> Think we should push to get rid of xalan which creates more issues than it
> solves today if we can.

> rmannibucau> |

> > Hello,
> >
> > I noticed that the current jstl implementation in TomEE master -
> > taglibs-standard-jstlel-1.2.5.jar - has dependencies to xalan 2.7.1. It
> is
> > declared as provided in its pom.xml, but in TomEE distribution it is not
> > included. Without it some scenarios throw NoClassDefFound exceptions for
> > classes from xalan, e.g. for org.apache.xml.XPath, etc.
> >
> > Any plans to include xalan and xalan serializer in TomEE?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Lazar

Re: Dependencies of jstl implementation 1.2.5

Romain Manni-Bucau
would be probably worth openeing a ticket on tomcat bugtracker (bugzilla)
to get rid of that dependency, then tomee can upgrade