[DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Mark Struberg-2
hi folks!

We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So it's finally time to make this reality.

Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a maintenance branch for Tomee7.

After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from now.

Any objection?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Romain Manni-Bucau
Did we plan to do the 7.0.5 then switch? +1 for this, +0 to switch before
(for that reason)

> hi folks!
>
> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So
> it's finally time to make this reality.
>
> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a
> maintenance branch for Tomee7.
>
> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from
> now.
>
> Any objection?
>

> LieGrue,
> strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Mark Struberg-2
Who is doing the 7.0.5?
I did see no discussions around it. Was there?

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 02.03.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Did we plan to do the 7.0.5 then switch? +1 for this, +0 to switch before
> (for that reason)

>> hi folks!
>>
>> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So
>> it's finally time to make this reality.
>>
>> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a
>> maintenance branch for Tomee7.
>>
>> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from
>> now.
>>
>> Any objection?
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

agumbrecht

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Ubique

    --
    Andy Gumbrecht

    http://www.tomitribe.com
    agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
    https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

    TomEE treibt Tomitribe ! | http://tomee.apache.org

@Mark: was just what you said in "sync tomee8 branch" thread

> +1
>

> On 02/03/18 14:56, Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> hi folks!
>>
>> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So
>> it's finally time to make this reality.
>>
>> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a
>> maintenance branch for Tomee7.
>>
>> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from
>> now.
>>
>> Any objection?
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

> --
> Andy Gumbrecht
> https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> http://www.tomitribe.com
> https://www.tomitribe.io
>

> Ubique

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

jgallimore
I'd be happy to do a 7.0.5 release next week.

Jon

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> @Mark: was just what you said in "sync tomee8 branch" thread

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> > +1
> >

> > On 02/03/18 14:56, Mark Struberg wrote:
> >
> >> hi folks!
> >>
> >> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So
> >> it's finally time to make this reality.
> >>
> >> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a
> >> maintenance branch for Tomee7.
> >>
> >> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from
> >> now.
> >>
> >> Any objection?
> >>

> >> LieGrue,
> >> strub
> >>

> > --
> > Andy Gumbrecht
> > https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > https://www.tomitribe.io
> >

> > Ubique

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Romain Manni-Bucau
sounds perfect for me (thanks Jon, can help to review issues if needed)

:

> I'd be happy to do a 7.0.5 release next week.
>
> Jon
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > @Mark: was just what you said in "sync tomee8 branch" thread

> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > rmannibucau> |
> > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > ee-8-high-performance>

> > > +1

> from

> > > --
> > > Andy Gumbrecht
> > > https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe
> > > http://www.tomitribe.com
> > > https://www.tomitribe.io
> > >

> > > Ubique

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

jgallimore
Awesome, thank you

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> sounds perfect for me (thanks Jon, can help to review issues if needed)

> rmannibucau> |
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> ee-8-high-performance>

> :
>
> > I'd be happy to do a 7.0.5 release next week.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> >
> > > @Mark: was just what you said in "sync tomee8 branch" thread
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> > > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
> > > rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> > > <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
> > > ee-8-high-performance>

> So

> > from

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

chongma

On 02/03/2018 15:58, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> sounds perfect for me (thanks Jon, can help to review issues if needed)

> :
>
>> I'd be happy to do a 7.0.5 release next week.
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> @Mark: was just what you said in "sync tomee8 branch" thread
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>>> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
>>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
>>> rmannibucau> |
>>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>>> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-
>>> ee-8-high-performance>

>> from

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Mark Struberg-2
yes +1.

So let's try to get TomE-7.0.5 out of the door.

And then do the switch in ~2 weeks.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 02.03.2018 um 16:58 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>:
>
> +1

>> sounds perfect for me (thanks Jon, can help to review issues if needed)
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
>> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-high-performance>

>> :
>>
>>> I'd be happy to do a 7.0.5 release next week.
>>>
>>> Jon

>>> from

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Alex The Rocker

+1 for a TomEE+ 7.0.5 asap, I volonteer to test it against our large web apps!
By the way, TomEE+ 7.0.4 had a super old version of Johnzon (1.0.0 if
I remember well), could 7.0.5 embedded a decently more recent Johnzon
version to fix the tons of issues we had to hack around with Johnzon
1.0.0 ?

Thanks,
Alex

> hi folks!
>
> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So it's finally time to make this reality.
>
> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a maintenance branch for Tomee7.
>
> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from now.
>
> Any objection?
>

> LieGrue,
> strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Mark Struberg-2
Hi Alex!

johnzon-1.0.x is targetting JSON-P_1.0 (EE7) and johnzon-1.0.0 is indeed the last version we shipped so far.

johnzon-1.1.x is targetting JSON-P_1.1 and JSON-B_1.0.
Those are all EE8 specs and thus this is also the version used in TomEE8.

If you have some urgent need/request for a fix in Johnzon-1.0.x (EE7) then please identify the tickets you suggest to have fixed and report them on the [hidden email] list.
What could work is if you go through either the tickets resolved in various johnzon-1.1.x versions, or scan the git log for fixes you want to have backported.
We will then discuss it over there, create tickets and then merge back the stuff.
The Johnzon team is surely happy about every helping hand!

Btw, that's really the same for almost all the parts of TomEE.
85% of the tickets and improvements are really happening at all the other projects: johnzon, bval, OpenWebBeans, OpenJPA, MyFaces, Tomcat, Geronimo, etc.

Of course it's a good idea to keep the TomEE project in the loop from a high-level perspective. For example to summarise the tickets which will get resolved.
But the actual work + the release etc will happen on the Johnzon, OWB, etc lists.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 03.03.2018 um 23:32 schrieb Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello,
>
> +1 for a TomEE+ 7.0.5 asap, I volonteer to test it against our large web apps!
> By the way, TomEE+ 7.0.4 had a super old version of Johnzon (1.0.0 if
> I remember well), could 7.0.5 embedded a decently more recent Johnzon
> version to fix the tons of issues we had to hack around with Johnzon
> 1.0.0 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

>> hi folks!
>>
>> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So it's finally time to make this reality.
>>
>> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a maintenance branch for Tomee7.
>>
>> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month from now.
>>
>> Any objection?
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Romain Manni-Bucau
@Mark: it is tracked on johnzon (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
There was the proposal I did months ago to just use jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
tomee 7 (doesnt prevent anything from tomee perspective if we drop java 7
compat). If not desired we should redo 1.x from master pby to avoid an half
merged branch.

Le 4 mars 2018 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Alex!
>
> johnzon-1.0.x is targetting JSON-P_1.0 (EE7) and johnzon-1.0.0 is indeed
> the last version we shipped so far.
>
> johnzon-1.1.x is targetting JSON-P_1.1 and JSON-B_1.0.
> Those are all EE8 specs and thus this is also the version used in TomEE8.
>
> If you have some urgent need/request for a fix in Johnzon-1.0.x (EE7) then
> please identify the tickets you suggest to have fixed and report them on
> the [hidden email] list.
> What could work is if you go through either the tickets resolved in
> various johnzon-1.1.x versions, or scan the git log for fixes you want to
> have backported.
> We will then discuss it over there, create tickets and then merge back the
> stuff.
> The Johnzon team is surely happy about every helping hand!
>
> Btw, that's really the same for almost all the parts of TomEE.
> 85% of the tickets and improvements are really happening at all the other
> projects: johnzon, bval, OpenWebBeans, OpenJPA, MyFaces, Tomcat, Geronimo,
> etc.
>
> Of course it's a good idea to keep the TomEE project in the loop from a
> high-level perspective. For example to summarise the tickets which will get
> resolved.
> But the actual work + the release etc will happen on the Johnzon, OWB, etc
> lists.
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 03.03.2018 um 23:32 schrieb Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > +1 for a TomEE+ 7.0.5 asap, I volonteer to test it against our large web
> apps!
> > By the way, TomEE+ 7.0.4 had a super old version of Johnzon (1.0.0 if
> > I remember well), could 7.0.5 embedded a decently more recent Johnzon
> > version to fix the tons of issues we had to hack around with Johnzon
> > 1.0.0 ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex

> >> hi folks!
> >>
> >> We discussed this quite some times and we got good feedback so far. So
> it's finally time to make this reality.
> >>
> >> Over the weekend I'd like to switch TomEE to master and create a
> maintenance branch for Tomee7.
> >>
> >> After that I'd love to roll a first TomEE8 version in say one month
> from now.
> >>
> >> Any objection?
> >>

> >> LieGrue,
> >> strub

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Alex The Rocker
Hello Romain & Mark,

Yes I already filled a generic JIRA JOHNZON-149 a while ago for asking
Johnzon upgrade to 1.1.x in TomEE 7.0.5.

And I just filled JOHNZON-105 with a more specific JSON-B/Mapper issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JOHNZON/issues/JOHNZON-105?filter=allopenissues

It would be great to have a fix for it in upcoming TomEE 7.0.5, along
with latest security updates on embedded components (Tomcat, etc..)

I will provide feedbacks with our large & complex web apps as soon as
there's something testable as a snapshot (or I can built stuff with
Maven, but i'll need by steps to make sure I'm pointing to appropriate
repos/versions/tags)

Best regards,
Alex

> @Mark: it is tracked on johnzon (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
> There was the proposal I did months ago to just use jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
> tomee 7 (doesnt prevent anything from tomee perspective if we drop java 7
> compat). If not desired we should redo 1.x from master pby to avoid an half
> merged branch.
>
> Le 4 mars 2018 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Alex!
>>
>> johnzon-1.0.x is targetting JSON-P_1.0 (EE7) and johnzon-1.0.0 is indeed
>> the last version we shipped so far.
>>
>> johnzon-1.1.x is targetting JSON-P_1.1 and JSON-B_1.0.
>> Those are all EE8 specs and thus this is also the version used in TomEE8.
>>
>> If you have some urgent need/request for a fix in Johnzon-1.0.x (EE7) then
>> please identify the tickets you suggest to have fixed and report them on
>> the [hidden email] list.
>> What could work is if you go through either the tickets resolved in
>> various johnzon-1.1.x versions, or scan the git log for fixes you want to
>> have backported.
>> We will then discuss it over there, create tickets and then merge back the
>> stuff.
>> The Johnzon team is surely happy about every helping hand!
>>
>> Btw, that's really the same for almost all the parts of TomEE.
>> 85% of the tickets and improvements are really happening at all the other
>> projects: johnzon, bval, OpenWebBeans, OpenJPA, MyFaces, Tomcat, Geronimo,
>> etc.
>>
>> Of course it's a good idea to keep the TomEE project in the loop from a
>> high-level perspective. For example to summarise the tickets which will get
>> resolved.
>> But the actual work + the release etc will happen on the Johnzon, OWB, etc
>> lists.
>>
>> txs and LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> > Am 03.03.2018 um 23:32 schrieb Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > +1 for a TomEE+ 7.0.5 asap, I volonteer to test it against our large web
>> apps!
>> > By the way, TomEE+ 7.0.4 had a super old version of Johnzon (1.0.0 if
>> > I remember well), could 7.0.5 embedded a decently more recent Johnzon
>> > version to fix the tons of issues we had to hack around with Johnzon
>> > 1.0.0 ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Alex

>> it's finally time to make this reality.

>> maintenance branch for Tomee7.

>> from now.

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Alex The Rocker
Oops my bad: please read in my previous mail that I just opened JOHNZON-160:
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-160?jql=text%20~%20%22MapperException%22

Thanks,
Alexandre

> Hello Romain & Mark,
>
> Yes I already filled a generic JIRA JOHNZON-149 a while ago for asking
> Johnzon upgrade to 1.1.x in TomEE 7.0.5.
>
> And I just filled JOHNZON-105 with a more specific JSON-B/Mapper issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JOHNZON/issues/JOHNZON-105?filter=allopenissues
>
> It would be great to have a fix for it in upcoming TomEE 7.0.5, along
> with latest security updates on embedded components (Tomcat, etc..)
>
> I will provide feedbacks with our large & complex web apps as soon as
> there's something testable as a snapshot (or I can built stuff with
> Maven, but i'll need by steps to make sure I'm pointing to appropriate
> repos/versions/tags)
>
> Best regards,
> Alex

>> @Mark: it is tracked on johnzon (
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
>> There was the proposal I did months ago to just use jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
>> tomee 7 (doesnt prevent anything from tomee perspective if we drop java 7
>> compat). If not desired we should redo 1.x from master pby to avoid an half
>> merged branch.
>>
>> Le 4 mars 2018 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Alex!
>>>
>>> johnzon-1.0.x is targetting JSON-P_1.0 (EE7) and johnzon-1.0.0 is indeed
>>> the last version we shipped so far.
>>>
>>> johnzon-1.1.x is targetting JSON-P_1.1 and JSON-B_1.0.
>>> Those are all EE8 specs and thus this is also the version used in TomEE8.
>>>
>>> If you have some urgent need/request for a fix in Johnzon-1.0.x (EE7) then
>>> please identify the tickets you suggest to have fixed and report them on
>>> the [hidden email] list.
>>> What could work is if you go through either the tickets resolved in
>>> various johnzon-1.1.x versions, or scan the git log for fixes you want to
>>> have backported.
>>> We will then discuss it over there, create tickets and then merge back the
>>> stuff.
>>> The Johnzon team is surely happy about every helping hand!
>>>
>>> Btw, that's really the same for almost all the parts of TomEE.
>>> 85% of the tickets and improvements are really happening at all the other
>>> projects: johnzon, bval, OpenWebBeans, OpenJPA, MyFaces, Tomcat, Geronimo,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> Of course it's a good idea to keep the TomEE project in the loop from a
>>> high-level perspective. For example to summarise the tickets which will get
>>> resolved.
>>> But the actual work + the release etc will happen on the Johnzon, OWB, etc
>>> lists.
>>>
>>> txs and LieGrue,
>>> strub

>>> apps!

>>> it's finally time to make this reality.

>>> maintenance branch for Tomee7.

>>> from now.

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Alex The Rocker
Hello All,

Is there any  possibility to see a TomEE 7.0.5 release anytime soon
with an up to date Johnzon 1.1.x in it ?

Best regards,
Alexandre

> Oops my bad: please read in my previous mail that I just opened JOHNZON-160:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-160?jql=text%20~%20%22MapperException%22
>
> Thanks,
> Alexandre

>> Hello Romain & Mark,
>>
>> Yes I already filled a generic JIRA JOHNZON-149 a while ago for asking
>> Johnzon upgrade to 1.1.x in TomEE 7.0.5.
>>
>> And I just filled JOHNZON-105 with a more specific JSON-B/Mapper issue:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JOHNZON/issues/JOHNZON-105?filter=allopenissues
>>
>> It would be great to have a fix for it in upcoming TomEE 7.0.5, along
>> with latest security updates on embedded components (Tomcat, etc..)
>>
>> I will provide feedbacks with our large & complex web apps as soon as
>> there's something testable as a snapshot (or I can built stuff with
>> Maven, but i'll need by steps to make sure I'm pointing to appropriate
>> repos/versions/tags)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alex

>>> @Mark: it is tracked on johnzon (
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
>>> There was the proposal I did months ago to just use jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
>>> tomee 7 (doesnt prevent anything from tomee perspective if we drop java 7
>>> compat). If not desired we should redo 1.x from master pby to avoid an half
>>> merged branch.

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Felipe Jaekel
Hi,

I'm also looking forward for this release, since a issue I'm facing with
7.0.4(TOMEE-2181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2181>) is
fixed on 7.0.5.

Thanks

Em ter, 27 de mar de 2018 às 08:57, Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>
escreveu:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there any  possibility to see a TomEE 7.0.5 release anytime soon
> with an up to date Johnzon 1.1.x in it ?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexandre

> > Oops my bad: please read in my previous mail that I just opened
> JOHNZON-160:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-160?jql=text%20~%20%22MapperException%22
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alexandre

> >> Hello Romain & Mark,
> >>
> >> Yes I already filled a generic JIRA JOHNZON-149 a while ago for asking
> >> Johnzon upgrade to 1.1.x in TomEE 7.0.5.
> >>
> >> And I just filled JOHNZON-105 with a more specific JSON-B/Mapper issue:
> >>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JOHNZON/issues/JOHNZON-105?filter=allopenissues
> >>
> >> It would be great to have a fix for it in upcoming TomEE 7.0.5, along
> >> with latest security updates on embedded components (Tomcat, etc..)
> >>
> >> I will provide feedbacks with our large & complex web apps as soon as
> >> there's something testable as a snapshot (or I can built stuff with
> >> Maven, but i'll need by steps to make sure I'm pointing to appropriate
> >> repos/versions/tags)
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Alex

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
> java 7
> half

> indeed

> TomEE8.

> then
> on
> want to
> back the

> other
> Geronimo,

> will get
> OWB, etc

> large web
> if
> Johnzon

> >:

> far. So

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Felipe, your issue is not linked to tomee I think

> I'm also looking forward for this release, since a issue I'm facing with
> 7.0.4(TOMEE-2181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2181>) is
> fixed on 7.0.5.
>
> Thanks
>
> Em ter, 27 de mar de 2018 às 08:57, Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Is there any  possibility to see a TomEE 7.0.5 release anytime soon
> > with an up to date Johnzon 1.1.x in it ?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alexandre

> > > Oops my bad: please read in my previous mail that I just opened
> > JOHNZON-160:
> > >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOHNZON-160?jql=
> text%20~%20%22MapperException%22
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Alexandre

> issue:
> > >>
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JOHNZON/issues/
> JOHNZON-105?filter=allopenissues

> >:
> > >>>
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149
> ).
> in
> > java 7
> an
> > half

> > indeed

> > TomEE8.

> (EE7)
> > then
> them
> > on
> > want to
> > back the

> > other
> > Geronimo,

> from
> > will get
> > OWB, etc

> > large web
> > if
> > Johnzon
> Johnzon

> <[hidden email]
> > >:

> > far. So

> month

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

Alex The Rocker

I noticed that in latest TomEE 7.0.5 SNAPSHOT we will have Johnzon 1.0.0.
Is there any chance to see Romain's proposal to ise jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
tomee 7 come out anytime soon?

Best regards,
Alexandre

> @Mark: it is tracked on johnzon (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JOHNZON-149).
> There was the proposal I did months ago to just use jsonp/b 1.1/1.0 in
> tomee 7 (doesnt prevent anything from tomee perspective if we drop java 7
> compat). If not desired we should redo 1.x from master pby to avoid an half
> merged branch.
>
> Le 4 mars 2018 12:40, "Mark Struberg" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Alex!
>>
>> johnzon-1.0.x is targetting JSON-P_1.0 (EE7) and johnzon-1.0.0 is indeed
>> the last version we shipped so far.
>>
>> johnzon-1.1.x is targetting JSON-P_1.1 and JSON-B_1.0.
>> Those are all EE8 specs and thus this is also the version used in TomEE8.
>>
>> If you have some urgent need/request for a fix in Johnzon-1.0.x (EE7) then
>> please identify the tickets you suggest to have fixed and report them on
>> the [hidden email] list.
>> What could work is if you go through either the tickets resolved in
>> various johnzon-1.1.x versions, or scan the git log for fixes you want to
>> have backported.
>> We will then discuss it over there, create tickets and then merge back the
>> stuff.
>> The Johnzon team is surely happy about every helping hand!
>>
>> Btw, that's really the same for almost all the parts of TomEE.
>> 85% of the tickets and improvements are really happening at all the other
>> projects: johnzon, bval, OpenWebBeans, OpenJPA, MyFaces, Tomcat, Geronimo,
>> etc.
>>
>> Of course it's a good idea to keep the TomEE project in the loop from a
>> high-level perspective. For example to summarise the tickets which will get
>> resolved.
>> But the actual work + the release etc will happen on the Johnzon, OWB, etc
>> lists.
>>
>> txs and LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> > Am 03.03.2018 um 23:32 schrieb Alex The Rocker <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > +1 for a TomEE+ 7.0.5 asap, I volonteer to test it against our large web
>> apps!
>> > By the way, TomEE+ 7.0.4 had a super old version of Johnzon (1.0.0 if
>> > I remember well), could 7.0.5 embedded a decently more recent Johnzon
>> > version to fix the tons of issues we had to hack around with Johnzon
>> > 1.0.0 ?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Alex

>> it's finally time to make this reality.

>> maintenance branch for Tomee7.

>> from now.

Re: [DISCUSS] switching TomEE8 to master

jgallimore
We did talk about doing a TomEE 7 release. I'm willing to be release
manager. I have 2 questions:

* Does the TomEE 7 / master branch have the fix you want already, or is
there work to do there?

* I did upgrade xbean to a version that handles java 9 and 10, and I also
pushed updates to OWB and OpenJPA for the same. Do we want to wait for
releases of those, or do we want to release right away?

Jon

123