ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Dignesh
Hi,

I am using 7.0.2 TomEE. When I am accessing the Remote Beans I see the below
issue.

[Root exception is java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to connect; nested
exception is:
       org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: No
connections available in pool (size 5).  Waited for 1000 milliseconds for a
connection.]

I tried adding the below 2 properties in the system.properties file to have
larger pool size, but still i see the same issue
openejb.client.connection.pool.size
openejb.client.connectionpool.size

Is any additional configuration apart from this needs to done to resolve
this ? Can anyone please help me on this.

Thank you.

Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Dignesh,

did you check if you really fill the pool - guess so since 5 is quite small
- before trying to increase it?
otherwise the properties you mentionned should be read from system
properties - you can need to pass them really to system properties and not
system.properties, don't recall if 7.0.2 was synch-ing both early enough.
Also which client connection config do you use? plain ejbd?

> I am using 7.0.2 TomEE. When I am accessing the Remote Beans I see the
> below
> issue.
>
> [Root exception is java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to connect; nested
> exception is:
>        org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: No
> connections available in pool (size 5).  Waited for 1000 milliseconds for a
> connection.]
>

> I tried adding the below 2 properties in the system.properties file to have
> larger pool size, but still i see the same issue
> openejb.client.connection.pool.size
> openejb.client.connectionpool.size
>
> Is any additional configuration apart from this needs to done to resolve
> this ? Can anyone please help me on this.
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-
> f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Dignesh
Yes , I use plain ejbd.
How should I pass the property as system property ? I assume something like
-D in startup.bat ? please correct me if I am wrong.
And what is the exact property name that should be passed to configure the
larger pool size

Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Romain Manni-Bucau
yes -D in setenv.bat (for win)
the last name you mention must work

> Yes , I use plain ejbd.
> How should I pass the property as system property ? I assume something like
> -D in startup.bat ? please correct me if I am wrong.
> And what is the exact property name that should be passed to configure the
> larger pool size
>

> --
> Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-
> f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Dignesh
I'm still seeing same issue even after adding the recommended setting.
I added -Dopenejb.client.connectionpool.size=25 in startup.sh file.

I also tried with openejb.client.connection.pool.size setting but still
seeing the issue.

Could please guide me what to do next.

Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Romain Manni-Bucau
the fastest and most efficient would be to just put a breakpoint in
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/SocketConnectionFactory.java#L125
and check what you actually read to ensure the config was correctly read
since for now we don't know if it is related or not.

> I'm still seeing same issue even after adding the recommended setting.
> I added -Dopenejb.client.connectionpool.size=25 in startup.sh file.
>
> I also tried with openejb.client.connection.pool.size setting but still
> seeing the issue.
>
> Could please guide me what to do next.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-
> f982480.html

Re: ConnectionPoolTimeoutException when accessing the remote beans.

Dignesh
Thank you for your help. It is working after setting this property in the
client application.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html