Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

sudhakarvm
 Hi,

I am trying EJB basic sample given here
http://openejb.apache.org/hello-world.html
only difference is I have changed EJB package structure to not to start
with "org". Now after deployment tomEE is not recognizing the class as EJB
and I don't see following log

03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
Jndi(name=HelloBeanRemote) --> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
Jndi(name=global/hello/HelloBean!org.acme.Hello) -->
Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
Jndi(name=global/hello/HelloBean) --> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.969 INFO
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.startEjbs Created
Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean, ejb-name=HelloBean, container=Default
Stateless Container)
03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.987 INFO
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.startEjbs Started
Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean, ejb-name=HelloBean, container=Default
Stateless Container)

I am using TomEE Plume 7.0.3

Please guide me to make this work.

Thanks in advance.
Sudhakar

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

chongma
did you clean your tomee?

On 24/05/18 18:24, Sudhakar Vankamamidi wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I am trying EJB basic sample given here
> http://openejb.apache.org/hello-world.html
> only difference is I have changed EJB package structure to not to start
> with "org". Now after deployment tomEE is not recognizing the class as EJB
> and I don't see following log
>
> 03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
> [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
> Jndi(name=HelloBeanRemote) --> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
> 03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
> [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
> Jndi(name=global/hello/HelloBean!org.acme.Hello) -->
> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
> 03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.945 INFO
> [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind
> Jndi(name=global/hello/HelloBean) --> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean)
> 03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.969 INFO
> [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.startEjbs Created
> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean, ejb-name=HelloBean, container=Default
> Stateless Container)
> 03-Oct-2017 15:56:51.987 INFO
> [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.startEjbs Started
> Ejb(deployment-id=HelloBean, ejb-name=HelloBean, container=Default
> Stateless Container)
>
> I am using TomEE Plume 7.0.3
>
> Please guide me to make this work.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sudhakar

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

sudhakarvm
You mean deleting from work folder and deleting from webapps. Yes I have done
it. I think it is something to do with class scanning.

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

Romain Manni-Bucau
We only filtrr known packages like com.sun,  whats yours?

Le jeu. 24 mai 2018 18:53, sudhakarvm <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You mean deleting from work folder and deleting from webapps. Yes I have
> done
> it. I think it is something to do with class scanning.

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

sudhakarvm
It will be com.{company name} I am sorry I can't disclose company name. Can't
I use any name.

Thanks
Sudhakar

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

Romain Manni-Bucau
This pattern is supported until you hit exclusions as always.
Openejb.classloader.forced-load can allow you to work it around but
normally it is not needed.

Le jeu. 24 mai 2018 19:22, sudhakarvm <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> It will be com.{company name} I am sorry I can't disclose company name.
> Can't
> I use any name.
>
> Thanks
> Sudhakar

Re: Basic EJB sample not working if I don't start package name with "org"

sudhakarvm
Thanks a lot. It helped me, otherwise I was planning to stick to just tomcat.

Thanks
Sudhakar