Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

David Blevins-2
Based on the feedback we got we've created a 1.5.2 branch based on the code from approximately Sat Jan 19.

This includes the following JIRAs that were requested:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-669
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-668
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-699
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-703

This does not yet include this requested JIRA:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-779

We will definitely add that.

For those that are planing to use the 1.5.2 rather than the 1.6.0 with the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the 1.5.2 snapshots and report if anything you need is missing.

Builds available here:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html

If possible, get your feedback in by Friday and we can start rolling potential release candidates.

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
David,

Thanks for this. Could someone kindly establish which Jira relates to JAX-RS providers not being picked up, this is in 1.6 but am not sure if it is a bug fix candidate for 1.5 or a new feature for 1.6. Given it is in the official spec I might hope for the former...

James

Sent from my iPad

On 2 Mar 2013, at 05:27, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Based on the feedback we got we've created a 1.5.2 branch based on the code from approximately Sat Jan 19.
>
> This includes the following JIRAs that were requested:
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-669
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-668
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-699
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-703
>
> This does not yet include this requested JIRA:
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-779
>
> We will definitely add that.
>
> For those that are planing to use the 1.5.2 rather than the 1.6.0 with the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the 1.5.2 snapshots and report if anything you need ismissing.
>
> Builds available here:
>
> - http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html
>
> If possible, get your feedback in by Friday and we can start rolling potential release candidates.

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hmm, providers were working in last release. The deployment is different
between both release (so the conf too a bit) but it will not be merged
because too different.
Le 2 mars 2013 10:16, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> David,
>
> Thanks for this. Could someone kindly establish which Jira relates to
> JAX-RS providers not being picked up, this is in 1.6 but am not sure if it
> is a bug fix candidate for 1.5 or a new feature for 1.6. Given it is in the
> official spec I might hope for the former...
>
> James
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 2 Mar 2013, at 05:27, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Based on the feedback we got we've created a 1.5.2 branch based on the
> code from approximately Sat Jan 19.
> >
> > This includes the following JIRAs that were requested:
> >
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-669
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-668
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-699
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-703
> >
> > This does not yet include this requested JIRA:
> >
> > - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-779
> >
> > We will definitely add that.
> >
> > For those that are planing to use the 1.5.2 rather than the 1.6.0 with
> the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the 1.5.2
> snapshots and report if anything you need ismissing.
> >
> > Builds available here:
> >
> > - http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html
> >
> > If possible, get your feedback in by Friday and we can start rolling
> potential release candidates.
> >

> > -David

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

David Blevins-2
Romain, if you can post the JIRA number that'd be great.

-David

On Mar 2, 2013, at 1:32 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm, providers were working in last release. The deployment is different
> between both release (so the conf too a bit) but it will not be merged
> because too different.
> Le 2 mars 2013 10:16, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> David,
>>
>> Thanks for this. Could someone kindly establish which Jira relates to
>> JAX-RS providers not being picked up, this is in 1.6 but am not sure if it
>> is a bug fix candidate for 1.5 or a new feature for 1.6. Given it is in the
>> official spec I might hope for the former...
>>
>> James
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 2 Mar 2013, at 05:27, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Based on the feedback we got we've created a 1.5.2 branch based on the
>> code from approximately Sat Jan 19.
>>>
>>> This includes the following JIRAs that were requested:
>>>
>>> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-669
>>> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-668
>>> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-699
>>> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-703
>>>
>>> This does not yet include this requested JIRA:
>>>
>>> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-779
>>>
>>> We will definitely add that.
>>>
>>> For those that are planing to use the 1.5.2 rather than the 1.6.0 with
>> the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the 1.5.2
>> snapshots and report if anything you need ismissing.
>>>
>>> Builds available here:
>>>
>>> - http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html
>>>
>>> If possible, get your feedback in by Friday and we can start rolling
>> potential release candidates.
>>>

>>> -David

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Romain Manni-Bucau
Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690

Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or 1.5.2
will not be a fixes release)
Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Romain, if you can post the JIRA number that'd be great.
>

> -David
>
> On Mar 2, 2013, at 1:32 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, providers were working in last release. The deployment is different
> > between both release (so the conf too a bit) but it will not be merged
> > because too different.
> > Le 2 mars 2013 10:16, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> David,
> >>
> >> Thanks for this. Could someone kindly establish which Jira relates to
> >> JAX-RS providers not being picked up, this is in 1.6 but am not sure if
> it
> >> is a bug fix candidate for 1.5 or a new feature for 1.6. Given it is in
> the
> >> official spec I might hope for the former...
> >>
> >> James
> >>

> >> Sent from my iPad

> >> code from approximately Sat Jan 19.

> >> the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the
> 1.5.2
> >> snapshots and report if anything you need ismissing.

> >> potential release candidates.

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

David Blevins-2
As noted, the branch was created just after Sat Jan 19, so does include the JAX-RS change with better logging.

It's fine if we want to revert that, but we'll have to do it quickly.  Dev list is probably best place to chat on that.

-David

On Mar 2, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690
>
> Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or 1.5.2
> will not be a fixes release)
> Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Romain, if you can post the JIRA number that'd be great.
>>

>> -David
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2013, at 1:32 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, providers were working in last release. The deployment is different
>>> between both release (so the conf too a bit) but it will not be merged
>>> because too different.

>> it
>> the

>> 1.5.2

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
This I must be getting confused.

On the home page for the project TomEE is composed as a distribution of tomcat plus other apache projects such as CXF.

When I see a bug such as this, I read the above and naturally assume that the fault lay with CXF. After all, that's where responsibility for web services lay.

So how come the bug is listed as TomEE's fault?

Thanks,

James

Sent from my iPad

On 2 Mar 2013, at 20:01, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690
>
> Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or 1.5.2
> will not be a fixes release)
> Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Romain, if you can post the JIRA number that'd be great.
>>

>> -David
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2013, at 1:32 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, providers were working in last release. The deployment is different
>>> between both release (so the conf too a bit) but it will not be merged
>>> because too different.

>> it
>> the

>> 1.5.2

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Romain Manni-Bucau
TomEE is responsible of deployment (so config too) + ee integration
(cdi+ejb). Here it was a deployment issue.
Le 3 mars 2013 11:29, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> This I must be getting confused.
>
> On the home page for the project TomEE is composed as a distribution of
> tomcat plus other apache projects such as CXF.
>
> When I see a bug such as this, I read the above and naturally assume that
> the fault lay with CXF. After all, that's where responsibility for web
> services lay.
>
> So how come the bug is listed as TomEE's fault?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 2 Mar 2013, at 20:01, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690
> >
> > Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or 1.5.2
> > will not be a fixes release)
> > Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a écrit
> :
> >
> >> Romain, if you can post the JIRA number that'd be great.
> >>

> >> -David

> different

> if
> >> it
> in
> >> the

> the

> with
> >> 1.5.2

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James,

Maybe the best is to push a mail here and we can determine if it's TomEE
fault or not.
Otherwise, you have to go through all apache project mailing lists and
either post, or check if that is a referenced bug or not.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
Jean-Louis,

I appreciate the advice. I think the documentation might be considered a
little bare when it comes to problems in this regard.

As TomEE becomes more popular (and it will), there will be people who
simply won't know where TomEE ends and a sub-project begins. The greater
the understanding gained from the main documentation page, the less time
will be wasted by all.

James

On 3 March 2013 14:19, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> James,
>
> Maybe the best is to push a mail here and we can determine if it's TomEE
> fault or not.
> Otherwise, you have to go through all apache project mailing lists and
> either post, or check if that is a referenced bug or not.
>
> JLouis
>

> 2013/3/3 James Green <[hidden email]>
>
> > This I must be getting confused.
> >
> > On the home page for the project TomEE is composed as a distribution of
> > tomcat plus other apache projects such as CXF.
> >
> > When I see a bug such as this, I read the above and naturally assume that
> > the fault lay with CXF. After all, that's where responsibility for web
> > services lay.
> >
> > So how come the bug is listed as TomEE's fault?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > James
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > On 2 Mar 2013, at 20:01, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690
> > >
> > > Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or
> 1.5.2
> > > will not be a fixes release)
> > > Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit
> > :

> > different
> merged

> > if
> > in

> > the

> > with

> rolling

> Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Fully agree.
The documentation must be updated.

Do you have any idea?
Or would you propose changes?

It's really easy, just use the blue pen icon on top-right of any page. You
can choose to edit anonymously and propose a modification.
Then, we just have to accept the update so that it's a huge contribution to
the project.

Thanks,
Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
Am being asked for my Apache ID. I'm listed on
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas but I doubt my
full name is what is being asked for...

James

On 3 March 2013 15:03, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fully agree.
> The documentation must be updated.
>
> Do you have any idea?
> Or would you propose changes?
>
> It's really easy, just use the blue pen icon on top-right of any page. You
> can choose to edit anonymously and propose a modification.
> Then, we just have to accept the update so that it's a huge contribution to
> the project.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean-Louis
>

> 2013/3/3 James Green <[hidden email]>
>
> > Jean-Louis,
> >
> > I appreciate the advice. I think the documentation might be considered a
> > little bare when it comes to problems in this regard.
> >
> > As TomEE becomes more popular (and it will), there will be people who
> > simply won't know where TomEE ends and a sub-project begins. The greater
> > the understanding gained from the main documentation page, the less time
> > will be wasted by all.
> >
> > James
> >

> > On 3 March 2013 14:19, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > James,
> > >
> > > Maybe the best is to push a mail here and we can determine if it's
> TomEE
> > > fault or not.
> > > Otherwise, you have to go through all apache project mailing lists and
> > > either post, or check if that is a referenced bug or not.
> > >
> > > JLouis

> of

> > that
> web

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690

> > > 1.5.2
> > > écrit

> > [hidden email]

> > > merged

> relates
> > sure
> it
> > is

> > on

> 1.6.0
> > the

> > > rolling

> > > --
> > > Jean-Louis

> Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Hum, it's not really user friendly.
When the popup comes on and asks for an Apache ID, just choose the 'no'
button and you will enter automatically to the anonymous mode.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
Romain,

When we deployed our war holding a JAX-RS Application, it has an
@Path("/api"). Thus the classes it returns as resources should end up as
/api/resource-class. When deployed into Glassfish this happens.

When deployed into TomEE, we end up with /resource-class. The /api is
ignored. Is this TomEE too?

Using 1.6.

On 3 March 2013 12:43, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> TomEE is responsible of deployment (so config too) + ee integration
> (cdi+ejb). Here it was a deployment issue.
> Le 3 mars 2013 11:29, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > This I must be getting confused.
> >
> > On the home page for the project TomEE is composed as a distribution of
> > tomcat plus other apache projects such as CXF.
> >
> > When I see a bug such as this, I read the above and naturally assume that
> > the fault lay with CXF. After all, that's where responsibility for web
> > services lay.
> >
> > So how come the bug is listed as TomEE's fault?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > James
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > On 2 Mar 2013, at 20:01, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Guess you spoke about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690
> > >
> > > Please take care to not merge any jaxrs fix done since this one (or
> 1.5.2
> > > will not be a fixes release)
> > > Le 2 mars 2013 20:12, "David Blevins" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit
> > :

> > different
> merged

> > if
> > in

> > the

> > with

> rolling

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Bjorn Danielsson
Are you by any chance using Safari on a Mac? Safari gives me
a phishing warning followed by an Apache-ID login prompt when
I click "No" in the first dialog. Firefox and Chrome both
proceed with an anonymous login.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

James Green <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am being asked for my Apache ID. I'm listed on
> http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas but I doubt my
> full name is what is being asked for...
>
> James
>

> On 3 March 2013 15:03, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Fully agree.
>> The documentation must be updated.
>>
>> Do you have any idea?
>> Or would you propose changes?
>>
>> It's really easy, just use the blue pen icon on top-right of any page. You
>> can choose to edit anonymously and propose a modification.
>> Then, we just have to accept the update so that it's a huge contribution to
>> the project.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jean-Louis
>>

>> 2013/3/3 James Green <[hidden email]>
>>
>> > Jean-Louis,
>> >
>> > I appreciate the advice. I think the documentation might be considered a
>> > little bare when it comes to problems in this regard.
>> >
>> > As TomEE becomes more popular (and it will), there will be people who
>> > simply won't know where TomEE ends and a sub-project begins. The greater
>> > the understanding gained from the main documentation page, the less time
>> > will be wasted by all.
>> >
>> > James

>> TomEE

>> of

>> > that
>> web

>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690

>> > [hidden email]

>> relates
>> > sure
>> it
>> > is

>> > on

>> 1.6.0
>> > the

>> Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
I'm using Safari on Mac as well and I also have that warning.
Actually, it's right because, when using that button, you will get
forwarded to cms.apache.org

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
I'm in. Can't say I'm overly impressed with this interface. Someone could
do with upgrading it to Confluence or similar. But that's a different
problem...

James

Isnt it @ApplicationPath?

@Path for an Application is not defined IIRC
Le 3 mars 2013 16:48, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Romain,
>
> When we deployed our war holding a JAX-RS Application, it has an
> @Path("/api"). Thus the classes it returns as resources should end up as
> /api/resource-class. When deployed into Glassfish this happens.
>
> When deployed into TomEE, we end up with /resource-class. The /api is
> ignored. Is this TomEE too?
>
> Using 1.6.
>

> On 3 March 2013 12:43, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > TomEE is responsible of deployment (so config too) + ee integration
> > (cdi+ejb). Here it was a deployment issue.
> > Le 3 mars 2013 11:29, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > > This I must be getting confused.
> > >
> > > On the home page for the project TomEE is composed as a distribution of
> > > tomcat plus other apache projects such as CXF.
> > >
> > > When I see a bug such as this, I read the above and naturally assume
> that
> > > the fault lay with CXF. After all, that's where responsibility for web
> > > services lay.
> > >
> > > So how come the bug is listed as TomEE's fault?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPad

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690

> > 1.5.2
> > écrit
> > > :

> [hidden email]

> > > different
> > merged

> sure
> > > if
> is
> > > in

> on
> > > the

> > > with
> the

> > rolling

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

James Green
Sorry I'm describing the app incorrectly. From the source this time:

@javax.ws.rs.ApplicationPath("/api")
public class Activator extends javax.ws.rs.core.Application {
    @Override
    public Set<Class<?>> getClasses() {
        Set<Class<?>> s = new HashSet<Class<?>>();
        s.add(MJActionRest.class);
        return s;

@Stateless
@Path("mjaction")
@Consumes({MediaType.APPLICATION_XML, MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON})
@Produces({MediaType.APPLICATION_XML, MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON})
public class MJActionRest {
[ code ]
}

We get /api/mjaction in glassfish, and /mjaction in tomee.

James

On 3 March 2013 16:34, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Isnt it @ApplicationPath?
>
> @Path for an Application is not defined IIRC
> Le 3 mars 2013 16:48, "James Green" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Romain,
> >
> > When we deployed our war holding a JAX-RS Application, it has an
> > @Path("/api"). Thus the classes it returns as resources should end up as
> > /api/resource-class. When deployed into Glassfish this happens.
> >
> > When deployed into TomEE, we end up with /resource-class. The /api is
> > ignored. Is this TomEE too?
> >
> > Using 1.6.
> >

> > On 3 March 2013 12:43, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > TomEE is responsible of deployment (so config too) + ee integration
> > > (cdi+ejb). Here it was a deployment issue.

> of

> > that
> web

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-690

> > > 1.5.2
> > > écrit

> > [hidden email]

> > > merged

> relates
> > sure
> it
> > is

> > on

> 1.6.0
> > the

> > > rolling

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hmm, should work on 1.6 and was working for 1.5. I got a weird similar
issue on 1.5 once but was in a particular case.

12