Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Hi folks
Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
Any objection?
Regards.
Gurkan

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Romain Manni-Bucau
If Roberto agrees +1

Le ven. 11 janv. 2019 20:29, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi folks
> Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
> geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
> geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
> tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
> Any objection?
> Regards.
> Gurkan

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
Roberto, is it ok for you?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:22 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If Roberto agrees +1
>
> Le ven. 11 janv. 2019 20:29, Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> a écrit
> :
>
> > Hi folks
> > Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
> > geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
> > geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
> > tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the
> geronimo-specs?
> > Any objection?
> > Regards.
> > Gurkan

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

+1 of course. Thanks Gurkan.

If needed, lemme know I can help on this

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:29 PM Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks
> Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
> geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
> geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
> tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
> Any objection?
> Regards.
> Gurkan

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Roberto Cortez
Yes, these need to be moved to Geronimo, but I think not at this time.

I would like to have a more stable implementation before moving this over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is just easier to get this done in a single project.

I’ll keep working on this to add the remaining things and once that is done we can move it over.

> On 12 Jan 2019, at 08:32, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 of course. Thanks Gurkan.
>
> If needed, lemme know I can help on this
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro <http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro>
> http://www.tomitribe.com <http://www.tomitribe.com/>
>

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:29 PM Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Hi folks
> Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
> geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
> geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
> tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
> Any objection?
> Regards.
> Gurkan

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Roberto Cortez
Sure.

> On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:03, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please open up a PR or I'll create a project on Geronimo side, so you can push to it.
>
> Le lun. 14 janv. 2019 à 11:32, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
> Yes, these need to be moved to Geronimo, but I think not at this time.
>
> I would like to have a more stable implementation before moving this over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is just easier to get this done in a single project.
>
> I’ll keep working on this to add the remaining things and once that is done we can move it over.
>
>> On 12 Jan 2019, at 08:32, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> +1 of course. Thanks Gurkan.
>>
>> If needed, lemme know I can help on this
>> --
>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro <http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro>
>> http://www.tomitribe.com <http://www.tomitribe.com/>
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:29 PM Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> Hi folks
>> Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
>> geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
>> geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
>> tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
>> Any objection?
>> Regards.
>> Gurkan

> Jean-Louis

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Roberto Cortez
Hi JL,

I just opened PR https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14 <https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14> with the Security API spec for Geronimo.

If everything is fine and after the merge, can you also deploy a snapshot version of it so we can use it?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:19, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sure.
>
>> On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:03, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please open up a PR or I'll create a project on Geronimo side, so you can push to it.
>>
>> Le lun. 14 janv. 2019 à 11:32, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>> Yes, these need to be moved to Geronimo, but I think not at this time.
>>
>> I would like to have a more stable implementation before moving this over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is just easier to get this done in a single project.
>>
>> I’ll keep working on this to add the remaining things and once that is done we can move it over.
>>
>>> On 12 Jan 2019, at 08:32, Jean-Louis Monteiro <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 of course. Thanks Gurkan.
>>>
>>> If needed, lemme know I can help on this
>>> --
>>> Jean-Louis Monteiro
>>> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro <http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro>
>>> http://www.tomitribe.com <http://www.tomitribe.com/>
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:29 PM Gurkan Erdogdu <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>> Hi folks
>>> Regarding TomEE, we need to add Java EE Security, JSR-375 spec to
>>> geronimo-specs and needs a release. I have committer access to
>>> geronimo-specs and added to code (implemented by Roberto Cortez in
>>> tomee-security) into my local. Can I commit to code to the geronimo-specs?
>>> Any objection?
>>> Regards.
>>> Gurkan
>>

>> --
>> Jean-Louis

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Yes of course I can do it

Le jeu. 17 janv. 2019 à 17:43, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi JL,
>
> I just opened PR https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14 <
> https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14> with the Security API
> spec for Geronimo.
>
> If everything is fine and after the merge, can you also deploy a snapshot
> version of it so we can use it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:19, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sure.
> >
> >> On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:03, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please open up a PR or I'll create a project on Geronimo side, so you
> can push to it.
> >>
> >> Le lun. 14 janv. 2019 à 11:32, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
> >> Yes, these need to be moved to Geronimo, but I think not at this time.
> >>
> >> I would like to have a more stable implementation before moving this
> over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the
> API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is
> just easier to get this done in a single project.
> >>
> >> I’ll keep working on this to add the remaining things and once that is
> done we can move it over.

> geronimo-specs?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jean-Louis

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
Ok, if there is no objection till tomorrow I'll merge it.
I'll comment on the PR as well.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:47 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes of course I can do it
>
> Le jeu. 17 janv. 2019 à 17:43, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi JL,
>>
>> I just opened PR https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14 <
>> https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14> with the Security API
>> spec for Geronimo.
>>
>> If everything is fine and after the merge, can you also deploy a snapshot
>> version of it so we can use it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Roberto
>>
>> > On 14 Jan 2019, at 11:19, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Sure.

>> can push to it.

>> over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the
>> API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is
>> just easier to get this done in a single project.

>> done we can move it over.

>> geronimo-specs?

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
PR merged. Thanks Roberto.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 6:34 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, if there is no objection till tomorrow I'll merge it.
> I'll comment on the PR as well.
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:47 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes of course I can do it
>>
>> Le jeu. 17 janv. 2019 à 17:43, Roberto Cortez <[hidden email]>
>> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi JL,
>>>
>>> I just opened PR https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14 <
>>> https://github.com/apache/geronimo-specs/pull/14> with the Security API
>>> spec for Geronimo.
>>>
>>> If everything is fine and after the merge, can you also deploy a
>>> snapshot version of it so we can use it?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Roberto

>>> can push to it.

>>> over to Geronimo. There are still a lot of things missing, including in the
>>> API (I didn’t app the full API, I added the source in a need basis) and is
>>> just easier to get this done in a single project.

>>> is done we can move it over.

>>> geronimo-specs?

Re: Adding Java EE Security 1.0 Spec to geronimo-specs

Roberto Cortez
Thank you! I’ll proceed with the changes to use now the API coming from Geronimo, plus implement the missing things.