[ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Jonathan Gallimore-2
I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.

Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services based
on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification and Java
Enterprise Edition Specifications.

This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and
includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault Tolerance
Microprofile specifications

The downloads are available from
http://tomee.staging.apache.org/download-ng.html.

Enjoy!

The Apache TomEE team
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Roberto Cortez
Great!

Thank you for all your work during the release process!

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 16:08, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.
>
> Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services based
> on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification and Java
> Enterprise Edition Specifications.
>
> This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and
> includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault Tolerance
> Microprofile specifications
>
> The downloads are available from
> http://tomee.staging.apache.org/download-ng.html.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> The Apache TomEE team

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Franos13
Really glad to see that TomEE is moving forward ...

BTW, what is the JVM version where TomEE 7.1.0 has been validated/certified ? 8, 9, 10, 11ea ?
I hope that, at least, as TomEE 7.0.5 has already been certified on Java 9, TomEE 7.1.0 is also certified on Java 9, right ?
What about TomEE 7.1.0 Java 10 certification ?

You also have to say that the TomEE 7.1.0 MP certifications are:
   - 1.1  for Config
   - 1.0  for Fault Tolerance
   - 1.0  for JWT propagation

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Cortez [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: vendredi 7 septembre 2018 17:25
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Great!

Thank you for all your work during the release process!

Cheers,
Roberto

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 16:08, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.
>
> Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services
> based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification
> and Java Enterprise Edition Specifications.
>
> This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and
> includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault
> Tolerance Microprofile specifications
>
> The downloads are available from
> https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftomee.staging.apache.org%2Fdownload-ng.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.COURTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C0df2e87cd8404409f69508d614d6288c%7C37d0a9db7c464096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C1%7C0%7C636719307369279382&amp;sdata=xwQY5bmbdJMpGBZdTFX8VbSLbE%2Fdg%2Fz9YQsg4hXPq90%3D&amp;reserved=0.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> The Apache TomEE team

________________________________
 This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Franos13
Hello Jonathan,

Just to be sure: could you confirm to us that TomEE 7.1.0 has successfully passed the TCKs for
    - 1.1  for Config
    - 1.0  for Fault Tolerance
    - 1.0  for JWT propagation
?

As a feedback, I really think that it should be nice if you can ensure that TomEE 7.1 and , in the next future, TomEE 8 will run fine on Java 10  and 11 (LTS).

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gallimore [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: vendredi 7 septembre 2018 17:51
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

EE Certification is difficult topic. It is mentioned on the download page, but I will restate it here: Only the TomEE 1.x WebProfile and JAX-RS distributions are EE 6 Webprofile certified. In terms of Java compatibility, we've had reports of users using TomEE 7.0.5 successfully with Java 9 and 10. Neither 7.0.5 nor 7.1.0 work with Java 11 due to changes in Java SE. This release is the first of what should be a greatly accelerated release cadence; so while I appreciate it might not quite be where you want it to be, we'll be looking release far more frequently, so you shouldn't need to wait too long for the next releases, and Java 11 support is definitely in sight for those.

Thanks for the note with the MP versions.

Kind Regards

Jon


On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM COURTAULT Francois < [hidden email]> wrote:

> Really glad to see that TomEE is moving forward ...
>
> BTW, what is the JVM version where TomEE 7.1.0 has been
> validated/certified ? 8, 9, 10, 11ea ?
> I hope that, at least, as TomEE 7.0.5 has already been certified on
> Java 9, TomEE 7.1.0 is also certified on Java 9, right ?
> What about TomEE 7.1.0 Java 10 certification ?
>
> You also have to say that the TomEE 7.1.0 MP certifications are:
>    - 1.1  for Config
>    - 1.0  for Fault Tolerance
>    - 1.0  for JWT propagation
>
> Best Regards.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Roberto Cortez [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: vendredi 7 septembre 2018 17:25
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released
>
> Great!
>
> Thank you for all your work during the release process!
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto
>
> > On 7 Sep 2018, at 16:08, Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.
> >
> > Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services
> > based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification
> > and Java Enterprise Edition Specifications.
> >
> > This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8,
> > and includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and
> > Fault Tolerance Microprofile specifications
> >
> > The downloads are available from
> >
> https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftome
> e.staging.apache.org%2Fdownload-ng.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.CO
> URTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C0ba2d4ac97d44957a53b08d614d9c4fd%7C37d0a9db7c4
> 64096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C1%7C0%7C636719322875337730&amp;sdata=KNl71Hu6h
> YwHBr2SuoXegR9Cg5oRofzo2H67jt0F29g%3D&amp;reserved=0
> .
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > The Apache TomEE team
>
> ________________________________
>  This message and any attachments are intended solely for the
> addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized
> use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
> E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable
> for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
> Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this
> transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for
> damages caused by a transmitted virus.
>
________________________________
 This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Gurkan Erdogdu-5
In reply to this post by Jonathan Gallimore-2
Great work! Thank you!
Gurkan

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:08 PM Jonathan Gallimore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.
>
> Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services based
> on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification and Java
> Enterprise Edition Specifications.
>
> This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and
> includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault Tolerance
> Microprofile specifications
>
> The downloads are available from
> http://tomee.staging.apache.org/download-ng.html.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> The Apache TomEE team
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Abdelhamid Meddeb
In reply to this post by Jonathan Gallimore-2
Great job !
thanks a lot for your hard work

On 07/09/2018 17:08, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.
>
> Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services based
> on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification and Java
> Enterprise Edition Specifications.
>
> This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and
> includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault Tolerance
> Microprofile specifications
>
> The downloads are available from
> http://tomee.staging.apache.org/download-ng.html.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> The Apache TomEE team
>



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

Franos13
In reply to this post by Jonathan Gallimore-2
Hello,

Differences between TomEE 7.0.5 and 7.1 (quick analysis):
- bcprov-jdk15on-1.60.jar instead of bcprov-jdk15on-1.57.jar
- geronimo-jsonb_1.0_spec-1.0.jar added
- johnzon-jsonb-1.0.1.jar added
- mbean-annotation-api-7.1.0.jar instead of mbean-annotation-api-7.0.5.jar
- openejb-*-7.1.0.jar instead of openejb-*-7.0.5.jar
- tomee-*-7.1.0.jar instead of tomee-*-7.0.5.jar

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gallimore [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: vendredi 7 septembre 2018 17:09
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

I'm pleased to announce the release of Apache TomEE 7.1.0.

Apache TomEE delivers enterprise application containers and services based on, but not limited to the Enterprise JavaBeans Specification and Java Enterprise Edition Specifications.

This latest release is based on TomEE 7.0.5, but based on Java 8, and includes support for the Configuration, JWT Propagation and Fault Tolerance Microprofile specifications

The downloads are available from
https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftomee.staging.apache.org%2Fdownload-ng.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CFrancois.COURTAULT%40gemalto.com%7C7f1a0657b72c4af0dac308d614d3d4b6%7C37d0a9db7c464096bfe31add5b495d6d%7C1%7C0%7C636719297378661787&amp;sdata=9Tp5r0MSoisL2R1rV8K0SVJPEihK6wFQqDIV4O1R1Yk%3D&amp;reserved=0.

Enjoy!

The Apache TomEE team
________________________________
 This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.