A New Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel
Hi,

I've been advised by the people on dev@ to submit this to the user
committee.  I would like to propose a logo for TomEE.

About me: I was the co-founder of OpenEJB with David Blevins who is also
co-founder of TomEE.

Attachments don't seem to work very well on this mailing list (or at least
they don't on the dev@ list) so I'm putting a link to the logo and its
treatment (treatment shows different applications of the logo in size and
color) for everyone to take a look at.  I think the simplest thing to do is
to have users +1 if they agree to adopting this log for TomEE and -1 if
they do not.  We could also use the issue tracking system, but that was
tried some time ago when other logos were proposed and it just didn't work
all that well due to a lack of participation (that's my understanding).
This keeps it simple. Just respond with +1 or -1 and at the end of the week
we can look at the count and see how people feel about it.

Here are the links

Logo Large
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fph6g1gjn9e31n/TomEE_Logo_Large_ColorOnWhite.png?dl=0

Logo Treatment
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w63969y1099a2v4/Tiger_Multi-size_Multi-color.png?dl=0

Thank you!

Re: A New Logo for TomEE

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Richard,

it was more "the vote should include users" and not "submit it to users@"
on the dev@ list. Sorry if it was ambiguous.
If there is a vote it must include all these logos:

> I've been advised by the people on dev@ to submit this to the user
> committee.  I would like to propose a logo for TomEE.
>
> About me: I was the co-founder of OpenEJB with David Blevins who is also
> co-founder of TomEE.
>
> Attachments don't seem to work very well on this mailing list (or at least
> they don't on the dev@ list) so I'm putting a link to the logo and its
> treatment (treatment shows different applications of the logo in size and
> color) for everyone to take a look at.  I think the simplest thing to do is
> to have users +1 if they agree to adopting this log for TomEE and -1 if
> they do not.  We could also use the issue tracking system, but that was
> tried some time ago when other logos were proposed and it just didn't work
> all that well due to a lack of participation (that's my understanding).
> This keeps it simple. Just respond with +1 or -1 and at the end of the week
> we can look at the count and see how people feel about it.
>
> Here are the links
>
> Logo Large
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fph6g1gjn9e31n/TomEE_Logo_
> Large_ColorOnWhite.png?dl=0
>
> Logo Treatment
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w63969y1099a2v4/Tiger_Multi-
> size_Multi-color.png?dl=0
>

> Thank you!

Re: A New Logo for TomEE

Richard Monson-Haefel
Ooops!  Ok. No problem!  Please take a look at the other logos!