1.6.0 writeup

David Blevins-2
I want to crank out the announcement for the 1.6.0 release so we can get that on the wire.

Here is an initial list of note-worthy new features (no particular order):

  JSR 356 WebSockets - Java EE 7
  Connector/MDB - Java EE 7 *
  JSON config
  Abstract Beans
  Raspberry PI performance
  GlassFish Descriptors *

The * items are not exactly new, but bare repeating.  What more should we add?

Re: 1.6.0 writeup

Bjorn Danielsson
User experience of out-of-the-box performance is better in general.
For example tweaks like org.terracotta.quartz.skipUpdateCheck=true
which was necessary for 1.5.2 are no longer necessary. And I'm sure
there's lots of more stuff to support such a statement.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB

David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to crank out the announcement for the 1.6.0 release so we can get that on the wire.
>
> Here is an initial list of note-worthy new features (no particular order):
>
>   JSR 356 WebSockets - Java EE 7
>   Connector/MDB - Java EE 7 *
>   JSON config
>   Abstract Beans
>   Raspberry PI performance
>   GlassFish Descriptors *
>
> The * items are not exactly new, but bare repeating.  What more should we add?

Re: 1.6.0 writeup

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
The TomEE Maven plugin is still moving forward with more new features.
Enhanced lightweight http serveur to support servlet deployments. Useful
for testing.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: 1.6.0 writeup

Alexander Wagner
Hello everybody,

I think its worth mentioning that now you can with 1.6.0 describe
operation parameters in JMX really easy.

Best Regards
Alexander

Am 10.12.2013 04:17, schrieb David Blevins:

> I want to crank out the announcement for the 1.6.0 release so we can get that on the wire.
>
> Here is an initial list of note-worthy new features (no particular order):
>
>   JSR 356 WebSockets - Java EE 7
>   Connector/MDB - Java EE 7 *
>   JSON config
>   Abstract Beans
>   Raspberry PI performance
>   GlassFish Descriptors *
>
> The * items are not exactly new, but bare repeating.  What more should we add?
>

> -David

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment